Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

U turn by victims parents - husband let off in dowry death

Title: U-turn by victim's parents; husband let off in dowry death in New Delhi

A Delhi court has acquitted six members of a family, including the husband of the victim, in a dowry death case, considering the flip-flops of her parents while recording the testimonies during the trial.

"I am astonished to see their (parents of the victim) changed versions. These witnesses have deposed entirely different things in their cross examination by their examination in chief,"
Additional Sessions Judge SC Rajan of a fast track court said.

The court absolved Sandeep Chopra, the husband of deceased Shefali, and his five family members of the charges under section 304B (dowry death), 498A (subjecting a woman to cruelty) and 406 (criminal breach of trust) of the IPC.

Shefali, who married Sandeep in 2006, was found hanging with the ceiling at her matrimonial house at Chitranjan Park area in New Delhi on February 9, 2007.

In the FIR, Anita Bhatia, mother of the victim, had alleged that Shefali's husband used to harass her as one of his friends was not invited to their wedding. They had also demanded dowry, she had alleged.

She also charged the accused first killed her and then hanged her to the ceiling to establish that she committed suicide.

During the trial, Anita and Kuldeep Bhatia, parents of the victim, first testified that she was subjected to cruelty by the accused.

However, when cross-examined by defence lawyers, they took a complete U-turden and denied their own allegations.

The court, while perusing their testimonies, was of the opinion that there was some substance in the allegations but later found out that they were refuted by the witnesses themselves.

Source:
https://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_u-turn-by-victim-s-parents-husband-let-off-in-dowry-death-in-new-delhi_1434335

A take from Aam  adami: Aissa bhi hota hai Metro !

Learning

15 Replies

(Guest)

Would be a case of out of court settlement by the victims parents for money

CommonMann (Software Professional)     07 September 2010

Yes, I totally agreed with Mithlesh. Because no body wants to face court proceedings too long. These cases are always settled out of court whether women is dead or not. Women side is always in advantage.

(Guest)

U turn or out of court settlement?

if U turn then one bird does not make it a spring.

If it is out of court settlement  for money then utterly we are living in a sick society.

(Guest)

If it is out of court settlement  for money then utterly we are living in a sick society.

yes we are...the way mother inlaws of wud be brides sit and settle the "dowry" to be given in marriage,how royal the marriage arrangements shud be,no baraati shud go home dissatisfied,and so on.........  the son is sold like a cow.....

even after getting all these things and a fancy marriage,their greed is still not fulfilled.they want an earning bahu who can earn 4 them and give them half her salary,cannot maintain or live with her own parents however needy they may be...........still,her retired parents shud fulfill all "customs" of giving gifts on different occassions,on birth of a child,etc...and of course torture the DIL on silly grounds..........its a sick society indeed.

these inlaws get back as karma,wot they started in the first place,ie,sitting across the table and settling money.they ask for money n luxuries.and they end up paying the same;maybe more this time

its the law of karma at work............

btw,mr jogeshwar...is ur name really mr. jogeshwar?

or any one of these,ie,arun kumar,avnish kaur,cool,avinash etc writing here from some other ID named jogeshwar.i have strong feelings that all these new women haters who keep joining  LCI family forum almost daily to badmouth women are actually these very people i just named, posting their fake cases thru new IDs like jogeshwar, so that people visiting LCI are made to believe that more & more new men are suffering becoz of women(only wives)

3 Like

(Guest)

another shameful case of selling of ashes of girl , may be she was the real victim. this is how society treats girls, sell even their ash. real problem is those not at all victimised filing false cases and those even killed there the husbands go scot free. girls not yet empowered. why parents dont give them equal share in property , like they wud give to her brothers in their will.any coments from pseudo feminists? wud ashutosh give up his share in favour of his sister?

(Guest)

"btw,mr jogeshwar...is ur name really mr. jogeshwar?

or any one of these,ie,arun kumar,avnish kaur,cool,avinash etc writing here from some other ID named jogeshwar.i have strong feelings that all these new women haters who keep joining  LCI family forum almost daily to badmouth women are actually these very people i just named, posting their fake cases thru new IDs like jogeshwar, so that people visiting LCI are made to believe that more & more new men are suffering becoz of women(only wives)"

utterly we are living in a sick forum .Predominated by paranoics?

(Guest)

"utterly we are living in a sick forum .Predominated by paranoics?"

Nopes, Dr Jogeshwar actually it is BPD coming out openly via forum messages and from whom else but from a lady !. I recall our earlier discussion with BNT (the Pune chap) I think late 2006 when we were discussing BPD in women at SIFF Yahoo group and how marriages breaks up;  this is stark illustration which thanks God came out early openly, hope now we are convinced that it is afterall not difficult to prove BPD in Court and what better illustration than this lady's comment on who is who here as in above message, that also reflects she is suffering with BPD which she may deny but we know that :-))))) Simple thing she could have done was to write to LCI Ld. Admin. to check who is who here in nay of the forums but then who can make understand a BPD errant women in public platforms ? 

BTW, Dr Jogeshwar let us both go to D HC and meet godfather Mr Prabhakar, you have your retirement Photo ID card and I have my photo Medical Rregistration Card and if Mr Prabhakar says we both are different people here then probably this lady will keep quite, so what do you say lady now ?  

2 Like

(Guest)

You are absolutely right Mother in laws are selling their son like a COW i agree with you. But why these cows are been purchased by Bride's Parents as he has enough MILK ( High Salaried corporate employees ) to feed their Daughter...!!!.Bride's Parents want a Life time Slave for their Daughter to full fill their lovely Daughter's desires. As they get their Daughter Married immediately they will Desert the Bride Grooms Family but creating a Nuclear Family. If Bride is innocent they will Squeeze Money from him. and not even allowing Bride Groom to even see his Parents once in a year Wah Kya Concept hai Tumhara Jab tak tum jaise log iis Duniya mein hai tab tak indian women will file false cases.Dont try to pollute women's Minds with your DIRTY IDEAS which will end up ruining their Happy families too...If you want I will give you real False Case examples for your reference where Business Minded Women & Their parents and their GREED is the only reason to file cases….

Regards,

Mallik

(Guest)

The above Message is for

Aishwarya

PS

(Guest)

@Dr.Arunkumar

on 16th day of Mahbharat war Aswathama threw Narayani ashta.it gets multiplied manifold if challenged.So Lord Krishna sounded-put down the arms.All did but Bhim who was to forcibly pull down from his rath by Krishna and Arjun.trust, the message is clear

2. Aishwarya    may be erstwhile Jara who joined two bodies to form Jarasantha. Here Aishwarya attempts to join many bodies.LOL

CommonMann (Software Professional)     08 September 2010

Well said Mr. Malik.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by :jogeshwar
"

"btw,mr jogeshwar...is ur name really mr. jogeshwar?

or any one of these,ie,arun kumar,avnish kaur,cool,avinash etc writing here from some other ID named jogeshwar.i have strong feelings that all these new women haters who keep joining  LCI family forum almost daily to badmouth women are actually these very people i just named, posting their fake cases thru new IDs like jogeshwar, so that people visiting LCI are made to believe that more & more new men are suffering becoz of women(only wives)"

"

dear DOCTOR(Dr.) jogeshwar

i must clap at ur brilliance as u diagnosed me having paranoia....

but doctor saab.first learn to spell properly .it's paranoids;not paranoics

since u had nth. to say......u diverted the whole topic and arun jee also got involved in this circle of paranoia.........how smart!..

so i repeat my post below,that is shaded in yellow,and please reply to this post .dont divert the topic.

the way mother inlaws of wud be brides sit and settle the "dowry" to be given in marriage,how royal the marriage arrangements shud be,no baraati shud go home dissatisfied,and so on.........  the son is sold like a cow.....

even after getting all these things and a fancy marriage,their greed is still not fulfilled.they want an earning bahu who can earn 4 them and give them half her salary,cannot maintain or live with her own parents however needy they may be...........still,her retired parents shud fulfill all "customs" of giving gifts on different occassions,on birth of a child,etc...and of course torture the DIL on silly grounds..........its a sick society indeed.

these inlaws get back as karma,wot they started in the first place,ie,sitting across the table and settling money.they ask for money n luxuries.and they end up paying the same;maybe more this time

its the law of karma at work............

(Guest)

"dear DOCTOR(Dr.) jogeshwar

i must clap at ur brilliance as u diagnosed me having paranoia....

but doctor saab.first learn to spell properly .it's paranoids;not paranoics"

LOL

CommonMann (Software Professional)     08 September 2010

But I am sure the women lawyers in this club are also ABLA's.  The conversation I read above made me to conclusion that if something happens like any quarrel or minor fights with there husbands or husband side family members, then the women lawyers in this forum will also go for Dowry (498a) cases to harass husband's family.  They also encourage any women to file these false cases to make money out of it. Nowadays ABLAs are earning a lot via these false cases. HATS OFF TO INDIAN JUDICIARY SYSTEM.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register