LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is law illogical when it comes to Marriage law

I always thought the subject law is very logical and practical.

But after my marriage when I had to research on some marriage acts/laws i found i had already done a big mistake. by marrying. 

1. First mistake i should not have born as a guy 

2. At times I feel what if I go for a gender change now and will the law still favor me or because i was born male there would be some more illogical reasoning for that.

3. I dont know when will the law making bodies/committees wake up and give a serious and matured thought on illogical and totally onesided laws like 498a and DV act 2005. 

4. I now understand why crime rate in india against women is so high., this is definitely one of the factors which only pushes one to do/think in hatred against spouse/system. 

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 August 2010

If you want to know more about 498A and how it is misutilizing by women and the observation made by the supreme court

read 2005 Cri.L.J. 3439

misuse of provision of sec 498A IPC

2008 Cri.L.J. 1391

1 Like

Daksh (Student)     03 August 2010

Dear Jvinodkumar,

It is very difficult to generalize such a vast subject.  However keeping in view your subjective thoughts  I would like to suggest that you should go for counselling in this respect.

Best Regards

Daksh

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     03 August 2010

DEAR  jvinodkumar,

I DO NOT KNOW WHO ARE YOU. BUT YOUR THINKING IS EXACTLY SAME AND IN LINE WITH ME..

1 Like

I always thought the subject law is very logical and practical.

- SAME WAS MY THINKING.

First mistake i should not have born as a guy 

-  I WAS VERY PROUD TO BE A MALE.

gender change

-  NOT POSSIBLE, AND WHY?

when will the law making bodies/committees wake up and give a serious and matured thought on illogical and totally onesided laws like 498a and DV act 2005

- THEY WILL NEVER WAKEUP.

- ONLY WAY THEY SHOULD BE REPLACED.

why crime rate in india against women is so high., this is definitely one of the factors which only pushes one to do/think in hatred against spouse/system

- EXACTLY.

COUNSELLING NOT MUCH EFFECTIVE.

IT WORKS WHERE MINOR PROBLEM EXISTS OR MISUNDERSTANDING WORKS.

BUT I FEEL YOUR CASE NOT LIKE THAT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register