LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     01 August 2010

Happy Friendship Day!

is said that in 1935, American govt. had killed a person on 1st saturday of August, the next day his friend committed suicide. In his memory American govt had declared 1st sunday of every August as Friendship day....

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!! 

Learning

15 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     01 August 2010

Same to u Archana

Happy Friendship Day to all the members too

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     01 August 2010

Thanks Archana and Kiran

I wish all my members/friends 

2 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     01 August 2010

Wish you all members of LCI, a Happy Friendship Day...

Thanks, Archana...   :) 

2 Like

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     01 August 2010

Happy Friendship Day thanks Archana.

WE hv to follow each n every steps of Americans...right??? ( Plz dont take otherwise)

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     01 August 2010

Rekha dear, when our society is simply following American culture even when it harms our values and beliefs, what is wrong in following these practices? At least no harm in these....pl dnt mistake me.. I am just kidding..   I know relationships mean much more than mere wishes..

1 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     01 August 2010

WISH YOU ALL HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY

1 Like

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     01 August 2010

wishing all the members of LCI

Happy Friendship day

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     01 August 2010

Happy Friendship Day

to all the respected members and friends.

1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     01 August 2010

@ Rekha,

There is no question of Indian culture or American culture here. Considering the valuable role friends play in our life, it is deemed fit to have a day dedicated to friends and friendship. We Indians also value friends and friendship, don't we? . So wishing friends on friendship day does not mean that we are followers of American culture or to prove that we are patriotic Indians it is necessary to criticize each and every thing of American culture. Those who wish their friends  on friendship day, do they wish them because they want to follow Americans or they do so bcoz they sincerely feel for their friends and want to express it to them. Friendship day just provides an occasion for the same. Many people wishing their friends on friendship day don't know, how this day started, I also did not know till yesterday, when one of my friends sent me a message about this. So I just shared it with LCI  members, not bcoz we need to follow each and every step of Americans...  :-)

2 Like

(Guest)

Writting or Saying "Happy ---- New Year / Holi / Valantine Day / Diwali etc." and our concern to whom we say all this is over.  Very easy.  Who do not like to have an easy way to escape ?

Instead of writting or saying only 3 words "HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY" is it not better to remember the movement when our friends did something outstanding where somehow sacrifice was done for you?  

Here from me "HAPPY EVERY DAY TO EVERY ONE FOREVER" and note (or do not note I am not bothered) that I have wished you all everything for everyone forever so everything is done from my side and it is your turn to do everything for me ever & alway.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 August 2010

Wishing all

“LCI members Happy Friendship Day”

2 Like

V@!BH@V (Advocate)     01 August 2010

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!!

to all LCI Friends

1 Like

Shree. ( Advocate.)     01 August 2010

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 August 2010

MS ARCHANA,

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. IT WAS NOT KNOWN TO ME.

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO EVERYONE OF LCI TEAM AND MEMBERS OF LCI.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register