confusion regarding surname

All my educational documents like Adhar, Voter, PAN etc, I am using "Sk" as surname which is shortform of "Sekh".   But in my passport it is mentioned as "Sekh". "Sk" is mainly used in West Bengal and there are different spelling for this surname. Is the shortname "Sk" is a valid to be used in all documents? or "Sekh" is to be used in all documents as per passport. If I have to change it to "Sekh" as per passport, then I have to change all my documents including land deed, educational docments which is very cumbersome. 



Mr. SK

True surname is shaikh which is used in shortform as  'SK', you have mentioned that your name appears as sk in so many documents except passport, Now what you have to do, change the surname corrections as sk instead of sekh in passport after observing correction formalities. This way will be batter for you.





Dear Sir, In future, there wont be any issue by using shortname "Sk"? For example if someone wants to expand the name in a different way and claim as same person?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu