Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohsin (Proprietor)     23 May 2013

Cheaper notice ads in newspapers

Public Notice / Legal Notice ads in 2 Newspapers for as low as 890/-. Log on to for more details. Considering the fact that nowadays any body who wishes to place an ad in newspapers for even "society share certificate lost ads" ends up paying 4000/- to 5000/-. This really is  a very cheap option

 3 Replies

Ibrahim Deshmukh (Legal Consultancy)     31 May 2013

Giving any Public Notice on a website will never the purpose or the legal requirement. 

Any public notice must also be published in at least two local news papers having wide circulation in the local area, inviting claims regarding property or objections of deceased member or even for name change of any person or  for CHS share etc etc.  One of such news paper must be local language news paper. 

For detailed on this topic, I may publish an Article soon at and

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant

Mohsin (Proprietor)     31 May 2013

Sir, I suppose you have misunderstood my point. I have nowhere mentioned that you should be placing your ad on websites. My 1st line clearly states that "Public Notice / Legal Notice ads in 2 NEWSPAPERS for as low as 890/-." Also kindly note that the website i have referred to  talks about notice ads to be published in "NEWSPAPERS" be it public/legal notice ads or share certificate lost/change of name ads. The reason I have mentioned this is because a lot of agents in the market charge a very hefty amount to the advertiser. The poor advertiser is forced to shell out  4000- 5000 Rs or in some cases even  10,000/- for  a simple loss of share certificate ad, and change of name ads are charged anywhere between 500/- - 1500/- Wheras the option I have mentioned is  cheap and protects the advertiser from getting fooled.

Ibrahim Deshmukh (Legal Consultancy)     05 June 2013

Dear Mohsin

Yes, agree with you.  As long as the ad will be published in the two local newspapers, it meets the legal requirements.

All the best.

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query