LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr jon (abc)     17 September 2011

Change in registeration

Recently i have done the  registeration of my flat which is a under construction project, prior to doing the registeration the builder /promoter had modified the registeraton pages which i had already signed,

the builder asked to sign on the modified registeration papers mentioning that there were some corrections to be made especially related to sale of parking space which mentioned the builder had right to sell parking spaces.

i signed the corrected papers but had requested to provide a copy of the earlier signed pages for keeping for my reference. but the builder/promoter refused to provide saying some legal reason.

for this reason i refused to collect the registeration document from the builder and mentiond that  i would hold the subsiquent disbersment untill i get the copy of the previously signed papers.

Can the builder / promoter leagally have the right to refuse to provide me the zerox copy of the previously signed papers of the regiteration document .

Can i leagally demand the copy of the previously signed papers which were change later in the registeration document?

thanks

jpp

Learning

2 Replies

parayil kumar (Advocate)     17 September 2011

You have the right to ask them the pervious papers or documents which you have signed. Even you have the right to take back the original documents which you have signed previously they cannot refuse. If they refuse you can go to the court of law or you can file a suite against them. If you are not collecting back the original papers from them, then you will be getting into trouble at later stage.

laxminarayana (Advocate)     19 September 2011

The builder has failed  to perform of the  his first agreement than he created another agreement but you had agreed and paying the amount  according to the first agreement .Here the contract is breach of contract so this is null and void. You can go to the consumer forum and also lodge the complaint against the builder for cheating.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register