Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D.Das (VP)     23 December 2017

Cancellation of registered agreement to sale

Dear Sirs,

I and my 2 sisters had executed a registered agreement to sale on Jan 1, 2016. As per that we were to sell a piece of land by May 30, 2016. However, for some reason we did not execute the Sale Deed. The buyer took us to the Court for specific performance. However, we have come to an agreement with the buyer and he is ready to withdraw the case. My question is how do I get the Agreement to Sale cancelled if the buyer does not cooperate after receiving the compromise amount and withdrawal of case? Because it is showing in the Encumberance Certificate now.

On the basis of the withdrawal and the subsequent cloure of the case can I approach the sub-registrar to cancel the Agreement to Sale even if the buyer does not come to the Sub-registrar office and does not cooperate?

Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

shrikant   23 December 2017

if you done registered agreement to sale then cancelled it by sub registrar but at the time of compromise at court it is necessary to put terms n condition in favour of cancellation procedure...

Damodara L (Advocate)     24 December 2017

and also make payment through banking channel as given in agreement of sale.

Vijay PM   30 May 2018

Is it possible to cancel the registered sale agreement without knowing the other party ?

Mani (SA)     16 July 2018

No you cannot

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register