Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

life (a)     28 February 2015

Can we track a registered marriage

Hi,

I got married an year ago (arranged marriage), since 1st day of our marriage, i have been asking my wife to get our marriage registered.

But, even till date she only showing excuses and avoiding to apply for registration of marriage.

regarding this, even i spoke to her father(gezzetted officer) twice, even his answer was a similar one, to my surprise he has questioned me "is it required?".

Now, i have a doubt, why she is not ready to get our marriage registered? 

can anybody guess/suggest what could be her motive, is it because of negligence attitude or any fear.

many questions were arising in my mind, as she is not cooperative in marital life and picks up quarelles on every minute issues.

so, please suggest me.............

Learning

8 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     28 February 2015

Dear, Only reason that comes to mind is that her marriage could already be registered or she is planning for something to do in future .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

life (a)     28 February 2015

Yes Kapil, even i am getting the same doubt.

If her marriage is already registered, how that can be exposed/proved.

and also, what u meant saying "she is planning for something to do in future"

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 March 2015

please dont jump into any conclusion..if you both are hindus then registration of marriage is not compulsory.even if it is not registered it is valid.so their attitude towards registration might be so

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 March 2015

She is there with you physically and it is not even a case of Marriage where two enemy sleep together, so why are you bent on getting your marriage registered? Law does not function on guess work.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     01 March 2015

I Agree with Saravanan.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 March 2015

@ life don't spoil your own married life by your own hand don't do any doubt on her, only on mere non registration of your marriage you are allegating her, without registration your marriage is a valid marriage hence put out the doubt from your mind, lesser people knows about the registration of marriages .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 March 2015

Getting the marriage registered or not is not a big issue until there is some other issue within the home. If you so keen about getting your marriage registered, why did you not put any efforts to that so far, why do you depend on her or her father?, it is after all your marriage and that certificate will be utilised by you so what is the hitch about it.   If you start getting doubt on all the petty issues, there wont be an end for anything in the matrimonial life.  As rightly observed by Mr. Laxmikant Joshi, do not become a reason for your own downfall or problems.  If you are in need of marriage certificate, you may try to get it registered by your own efforts by knowing the formalities and details to comply with through the information provided by the marriage registrar's office and become free of this.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     09 March 2015

Instead of proposing for registration of your marriage in a simple way you could have told her that registration certificate is needed to submit it before your employer for the purpose of recording her name as your nominee in the office records so that in case of your sudden death lawful wife can get all of your dues and death benefits. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register