LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Technologist (Business owner)     24 November 2013

Can pio register a property in kerala

I have a judgment to get  proceeds from a property sale. My brothers are attempting to cheat on me and steal money from me by saying that I cannot register property because I'm a foreign citizen even though I was born and brought up in India. I'm a person of Indian origin who had become a citizen of another country.

My brothers may have had gone to the extend of even influencing and maligning a registrar in Kerala to their tunes to misinterpret the Reserve Bank of India rule for sale of property by a Person of Indian Origin. The registrar is now saying all sorts of non-sense that do not make any sense with FEMA rules enacted by a notification, namely, .FEMA 21/2000-RB dated May 3, 2000,

My question is whether I can sell property using my mother as Power of Attorney even though I don't have a PIO card ? In my foreign passport it is clearly mentioned that I was born in India. The registrar doesn't want to accept it. What should I do?  Could I write a complaint to the District collector to obtain a special permission?  

Please be kind enough to advise me.

Thank you in anticipation.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register