LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

akarsh (underwriter)     08 June 2013

Can a girl register a case against to her parents for .....

Can  girl register a case against to their parents for forcing her to do marriage with a boy which she doesn't like,although she is major ,your words are very valuable for me which can save her life.

eagerly waitng for your reply


 6 Replies

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     08 June 2013

Yes , file complaint at Women Commission  and in police .

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     08 June 2013

@ author 

please dont get into litigations with your own parents . 

As you are a Major you can state to the boy your intentions and call of the marriage . Further try convincing your parents about it rather than filing a complaint against your own parent and spoiling your relations with them . These are the parents who have brought you up since the time you were born into this world  .

1 Like

Hemang (Advocate)     08 June 2013

Nothing can be done against the wishes of the major. Parents are committing breaches of law. She can file complaint, but would it be morally right to so file a complaint against parents. Do not encourage filing of complaint. Persue and compromise

akarsh (underwriter)     08 June 2013

under which section she can give a complaint against her parents,because they are harrasing the girl so much,she can be commit to suicide also,so can please tell me somethng in detail about this plz

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     08 June 2013

under Domestic violence Act, 

Let her visit Protectrionm office[police will immediatelt take her to District HQ of Prot officer, and file DIR 

She will get protection, and a Complaint will be lodged against the parents for forcing her to marry againsdt her wish. 

akarsh (underwriter)     08 June 2013

@  V R Shroffji

Protectrionm office will be their in hyd city?to whom i should contact?

and if Protectrionm office i visited so no need to file a complain in police station?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query