Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jignesh   12 April 2016

After marriage how to register sale deed?

Me and My Wife is jointly purchasing property in Virar West. We have our marriage certificate but Pan card & Aadhar card has her old name. Now we need to register a sale agreement then how to proceed with her New Name which is "Supriya Jignesh Parmar" (I am "Jignesh Parmar"  - Husband name)?

We already applied to change the name in aadhar center and pan card center but it will take 20-25 days to get new card. But we need to register our sale agreement in 5-6 days. Guide me how to go?

Learning

5 Replies

KS Johal   12 April 2016

My suggestion is that you have an agreement with both names on it and have this registered when the name change has gone through. Alternatively you may want to put both names in the sale deed, that's if it is permissible by the authorities. You should be able to do the former and will not lose the sale, due to the name change. You are not doing anything illegal except that you are waiting for the name change to take place officially.

(Guest)

Put pre marriage name and also put "alias" post matrimonial name . It is legal

Jignesh   12 April 2016

@ KS Johal & @ Madhu.
Thank you for your valuable & timely advice. I will check the same with "alias" name and get back to you.

--Jignesh Parmar

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2016

hi,

When you register sale deed you can attach Marriage Certificate and your wife PAN card, Election Card, License (any one copy) and wirte your wife name " Mrs. Supriya Jignesh Parmar Daughter of ______________" .

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 April 2016

hi,

When you register sale deed you can attach Marriage Certificate and your wife PAN card, Election Card, License (any one copy) and wirte your wife name " Mrs. Supriya Jignesh Parmar Daughter of ______________" .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register