Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandra prakash soni   27 July 2016

Writern off status in cibil report

Dear sir ,
           i used credit card of Axis bank ,the last usage of card in feb 2013 is Rs.19000 INR.
but due some of financial problem i could not pay the amount .But afer 2 month the statement of credit card is not coming to my mail id and address . in jan 2014 the text message on mobil is coming of outstanding amount of Rs.356.5 INR , the message is coming month after month with same amount at the same time my credit report shows "writern off" status . Then i have asked to bank for amount my outstanding amount by mail and customer care they all are saying to pay only Rs.356.5 INR to clear my account .
finally i asked for cibil masking amount the said same 356.5 then i have paid in SEP 2014 but after 6 month later i have again checked my CIR the writern off status is showing .
again i mailed to bank and asked for that they told me that "we appolize for that we can't provide you the cibil masking amount in sep 2014 but you have to pay Rs.73000 INR.by 10 AUG 2015.
And in july 2016 the amount is Rs.101670 INR.
please help to solve this problem because of this problem i am not able to get personal loan ,i am in very poor condition i cant pay the huge amount . 

please help me what i do ????

Learning

10 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     27 July 2016

Do u ahve any written communication of " "we appolize for that we can't provide you the cibil masking amount in sep 2014"

If yes then we can send bank legal notice for not supplying the details of it.

Instead of paying liability of 1.15 lakh you can send notice through lawyer.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     28 July 2016

CIBIL is an independent organisation and the records cannot be masked. Any individual who has taken any type of credit,including Credit card the repayment pattern is captured. If an amount was written off,it gets recorded.  In your case, initially you are informing that outstanding amount as Rs. 356.50 in January 2014 and it was in written off status. But now you are informing that Axis Bank is asking you to pay Rs.73,000 in Aug. 2015 and  Rs.101670 in July 2016. How come that an amount of Rs.356,50 shown as written off could become Rs.1,01,670 in a matter of hardly two  and half years.  This is strange. Your statement ",i am in very poor condition i cant pay the huge amount" is quite enigmatic and apparently an admission that you owe that much amount to the Bank.

This is a matter you have to settle with Axis Bank.  Go to the Axis Bank branch and try to elicit full information. If they are not cooperative, complain to Banking Ombudsman asking his help in getting full information from Bank, so that first you shall know what is the amount you owe to that bank and later you can further pursue for resolving the matter. At this stage itself shooting off a legal notice will not only antagonise the Bank but will unnecessarily complicate the issue.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2016

You have posted that:

---",the last usage of card in feb 2013 is Rs.19000 INR.but due some of financial problem i could not pay the amount ."

So the last unpaid amount was Rs.19000/-.

Your financial difficulties does not matter.

You have to pay the outstanding amount.

---"But afer 2 month the statement of credit card is not coming to my mail id and address . in jan 2014 the text message on mobil is coming of outstanding amount of Rs.356.5 INR , the message is coming month after month with same amount at the same time my credit report shows "writern off" status . Then i have asked to bank for amount my outstanding amount by mail and customer care they all are saying to pay only Rs.356.5 INR to clear my account .........................finally i asked for cibil masking amount the said same 356.5 then i have paid in SEP 2014 but after 6 month later i have again checked my CIR the writern off status is showing .
again i mailed to bank and asked for that they told me that "we appolize for that we can't provide you the cibil masking amount in sep 2014 but you have to pay Rs.73000 INR.by 10 AUG 2015.And in july 2016 the amount is Rs.101670 INR."

Do you copy of CIR issued by CIBIL?

Are all of these statements of M/s Axis Bank, in writing?

Did M/s Axis Bank supply any communication on settlement to you say for Rs356/-?

Written off is internal process of the Bank.

---"please help to solve this problem because of this problem i am not able to get personal loan '

M/s Axis Bank would be least concerend about it.

The Bank may agree if you establish deficiency,violation,negligence, dilatory tactics, harassment, mental tension,financial loss etc and bank knows that it can be penalized or otherwise you may need  decision from BO,DCDRF,Court of law...............

Approach a very able counsel specializing in consumer matters at your location.

chandra prakash soni   28 July 2016

Dear all,

i have all writern statement of "we opplosize " and all credit card stament of Rs.356.on my mail id and hard copies.and after payng Rs.356 the next statment is aslo availbale of nill balance Rs.0.50 CR is from oct 2014 to till date.  

You have not replied to following:

"So the last unpaid amount was Rs.19000/-."

Was you last upaid amount Rs. 19000/-?

Error in a/c can be corrected.

'Written Off' is adverse entry.

'Settlement' is adverse entry.

yes my 19000 is my last usage amount and it was unpaid . but after that i have not recieved the statment and then in 2014 jan they start sending message of Rs.356.5 for paying .

I think there is a mistake from bank , so i continously calling to customer care and mail to bank regarding this but they all are saying same that you pay only 356.5 rs .

Did M/s Axis Bank supply any communication on settlement to you say for Rs356/-?

Here it is offer of settlement!

"so i continously calling to customer care and mail to bank regarding this "

Do you have copies of such emails? What is written by you in these?

Do you have copy of call records/recordings?  What is stated in these?

Yes i have all the print out of mail conversion with bank.

they not give any offer of settelment in rs.356.5 .

If there was no offer of settlement then what is the point in remaining entangled on it.

The amount in CIR issued by CIBIL is amount after 'Writing Off' balance from Rs.19000+penal charges and reducing it to Rs.356/-.

Written off is internal process of the Bank.'Written Off' is adverse entry. Hence you are not able to borrow. By keeping the status as 'Written Off' M/s Axis Bank kept you on the hook.

You have posted that:

"  i have all writern statement of "we opplosize " and all credit card stament of Rs.356.on my mail id and hard copies.and after payng Rs.356 the next statment is aslo availbale of nill balance Rs.0.50 CR is from oct 2014 to till date.  "

You have not replied to: "Are all of these statements of M/s Axis Bank, in writing?"

You have also posted that:""we appolize for that we can't provide you the cibil masking amount in sep 2014 but you have to pay Rs.73000 INR.by 10 AUG 2015.And in july 2016 the amount is Rs.101670 INR.""

You may demand to supply the authenticated copies of all communications sent to CIBIL by M/s Axis Bank.

How as it stated by M/s Axis Bank that 'but you have to pay Rs.73000 INR.by 10 AUG 2015.And in july 2016 the amount is Rs.101670 INR.'.......................Verbally or in writing? If verbally; Did you record it?

Why are you anxious to borrow by personal loan?

Why are you not inclined to pay Rs.19000/ ie. Principle Amount to M/s Axis Bank?

Why are you inclined to get M/s Axis Bank, penalized for its deficiency, deliquency, neglifence, harassment, dilatory tactics etc etc?

My advise is that:

You may go thru: RBI Master Circular on Credit Card Operations that has stautory force and lay down  that Bill should be supplied 15 days before the due date/date from which the CC company would start levying interest.

My hunch is that the M/s Axis Bank has applied shrude tactical approach to compell you to pay highly inflated amount Rs.101670 INR (as posted by you) and has affected your credit score.

Before you discuss further you may reply pointwise to all points.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register