LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (LDC)     22 July 2014

Work place harrasement in goi

Sir, I have been working in All India Radio for 21 years now.  Now the HO is a lady who hates me.  She has given me unwanted work.  Further she has asked me not to go out for tea.  She has specifically asked my muslim friend not to have tea with me (Tea is not available in office premises)  She has also told me to keep sitting in one place which is pretty hard to do.  She uses pretty hard swear words in front of me though never at me. She speaks in unparliamentary language and indecent language in front of me.

Now I have taken leave to take care of my child who is 5 month old.  She has told me to hand him over to relatives and join for work.  I am asking a preemptive question as to whether I can approach competent authority with my grievance regarding gender discrimination, gender bias, fostering hatred between communities, behaving in desposting manner etc.

And I may also be guided as to whom I should approach in the same.  Kindly remember I work in a Central Government department

Regards

Vijay Prabhu

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 July 2014

Until and unless there is a open partiality or gender based harassment is being made on you in open, you donot have a case to make a representation against her with the higher officials.  Moreover, she being a higher officer, her influence with the higher officials will be more than what you can do, hence with the influence she may fling into avenging spree against you which will make your survival difficult.  She cannot stop you from availing leave without sufficient or valid reason, however she may spoil your service record which may affect your promotion and career.  If the atmosphere is beyond endurance, you may apply for transfer to some other place if you want to avoid further complications or else, you risk yourself by making a representation against her before the higher officials properly.  You have to exhaust the remedy within your organisation and then only you can seek the help of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register