Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishan Goel (Advocate)     10 June 2009

Women's Reservation Bill

My Gracious greetings to all the members of lawyersclubindia.com

Women's Reservation Bill is the new and happening debate going on among the parliamentarians and the citizens (especially women). There are news that on one side MPs are promoting the government move to the introduce reservation of women's among various issues. On the Other hand some are opposing it.

Some of the Oppositions that i have recently read and heard are - one, from Sharad Yadav threatening to take on suicide, if the reservation bill does not comes down. second, from Jaya Prada, Samajwadi MP, voting against the Bill that urging the fact that the Bill had been pending for so long proves the bill with full of complications and the bill in its current form was also discriminatory. third, still going on.

Through this Forum, I urge all the members and guests of lawyersclubindia.com to come and discuss this issue and i suppose if this discussion became popular, the admin of this website will make this online to help parliamentarians to throw a light on the Bill.

IG

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Why Women reservation Bill? All are equal before constitution.

Ishan Goel (Advocate)     16 September 2009

Why not? when we can achieve reservation rights to SC, ST & OBC. then why not to women's also. at one point we talk about women power and urge to come up and at other point we think that they cant do this or that...

see we have examples like Sania Mirza, Pratibha Patil, Kalpana Chawla, BSF Women Force, etc. they have all struggled to come to this level. But if we create a meagre of percentage in which women will get admission in other government departments or defence forces and set examples, then in true sense we will be able to achieve what we say...

so now i ask you, WHY NOT?????

(Guest)

My dear Ishan Goel, I appreciate you for your thinking. I do not support reservation for SC, ST, OBC, BC, Minority, women etc. Reservation spoils quality of society. Is there any reservation system in U.S and other developed countries ? Still we are backward because of reservation system not implemented properly. Reservation has certain limit. A IAS / IPS/IFS officer take advantage of reservation eventhough he is financially sound. Reservation meant  only for poor backward people.  If you see our indian history many women were great warriors. Then how you think women need reservation. How our late Prime Minister Smt.Indira Gandhi ruled the country eventhough she is woman. Did she come up with any reservation? Think.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register