LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasulu Apgvb   26 January 2019

Women rights over property of parents

My father in law expired in 2014 and mother in law also expired recently without any will by both of them.

We got married in 1984. Whether my wife is having right over movable (Gold, cash, bank deposits) and immovable property of her parents, as per hindu succession act? She is having two brothers. How much share we can claim?

I have evidences for bank deposits and immovable properties

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     26 January 2019

Dear querist,

Your wife has 1/3 share in property of her late parents.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Shashi Dhara   26 January 2019

We can tell as per law Ur wife is entitled for 1/3share. But it is not so easy to get as per act. U say that u have married in 1984now u have crossed asatleast 58yrs.at this age if you Ur wife goes to court u may take property when u finishes90yrs so think before going to court. All of u decide amicably if they deny qeep quiet live remaining age peacefully

Martin S.   26 January 2019

Originally posted by : Srinivasulu Apgvb
My father in law expired in 2014 and mother in law also expired recently without any will by both of them.We got married in 1984. Whether my wife is having right over movable (Gold, cash, bank deposits) and immovable property of her parents, as per hindu succession act? She is having two brothers. How much share we can claim?I have evidences for bank deposits and immovable properties

Girl is m arried off with sole intent that she should not come back again, so only they do lot of spending on marriage, give gift, car etc during marriage.

Now you want to claim, you are not even the daughter, but the jamai.

You be sure of this much, you go behind claiming etc via wife name, you will lose most probably wife, and all other relations with time.  First think of your age.  Then think of your wifes age.  Then think whether it is worth, if you have two daughters, then I think its worth the fight.  Get them in  a fix where nobody should be able to do anything, then call them for settlement, then settle the matter.

Butwhat guarantee that your wife wont leave you in old age?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register