Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinaysingh (Operations)     02 February 2015

Women property distribution in india

Hi,

I'm a new to this forum!!!  My question is about women property distribution:-

For example- a women staying with a family in Karnataka, she is having property of her name 10 acre agricultural land and one house, this property is not purchased by she the property is given by her father when she was married.

She is mother of five children's, four are sons and one is daughter and all children are married, About her sons occupation two sons are government servants and other two sons are farmer(farming own agricultural land).

Few years back her husband and one government servant son died. She is old aged women so she thought to distribute her property to her children's, She had a 'WILL'(Testament) is like...

"when i died my property should be distribute to my children's I have 10 acre agricultural land and one house, I distribute 3 acre agricultural land each to my two sons(farming) and 1.5 acre agricultural land each to my two sons(government servants) and 1 acre land to my daughter, I'm giving more land to my two sons since both are depending on farming and agricultural land only hence they don't have any other source of income, and equal parts in house to my all sons and one lac rupees they have to pay to my daughter as she's part in house." 

My question is, if that women is died, then, suppose her daughter put a case saying that i also want equal share on property of agricultural land as well house.

So in this case whether this case can make a stand or not? since it is women property.

Want to know what is Hindu law act to above case.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register