LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen (software engineer)     25 January 2013

Without sale deed on buyer name,HDFC is not issuing chq

I was told by the buyer that HDFC Home loan will not release the remaining balance cheque without the sale Deed on my Buyers Name. Now buyer insisting on us to go ahead of registration of my property with his personal bank account Cheque details in the registration document. Once the registration done take the receipt with you on that and collect the sale deed agreement  and keep with you and then buyer will take me to HDFC Bank home loan  to collect the remaiing cheque. How come i do registration without getting HDFC banker cheque on the same day of registration. Why should i take risk?

Learning

7 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     25 January 2013

Ask the bank to give you in writing that they are willing to pay youthebalance amount post registration. You may proceed for registration. Prior to this see that the buyer has got loan section letter from the bank. It is preferable that you have obtained  appreciable amount from the buyer.  

Buyer payed initially advance amount and after that paid small amount every 10 to 15 days  and also cleared mortgage from our bank loan.The ageement is for one month of duration but's it already 4 mnths from the date of agreement. Now he is insisting to do the registration without clearing our banance amount he is taking ondue advantage of my financial problems. Now what to do?. and also in case if the buyers HDFC bank won't pay with some reason then what will happen because the buyer will hdfc only when my property registered on his name, so we don't have any controls. what to do?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2013

You have initiated many threads on the same matter e.g.

Discussion > Property Law > Buyer insist registration first,take remnng amt chq(hdfc loan) latter

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Buyer-insist-registration-first-take-remnng-amt-chq-hdfc-loan-latter-73697.asp#.UQKW-zfZ1JI

Buyer insisting on us, to do registration first, once reflects in EC. He will Submits those document to His HDFC  and then he collects remaining amount cheque and then he will handover that cheque to us. My question is how can i do the registration without getting the amount. Buyer saying it's HDFC HOME Loan procedure. How come a Bank will have this kind of procedure

Discussion > Property Law > Buyer saying he will not pay me final amt without prop. doc

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Buyer-saying-do-the-registration-first-and-after-the-reflection-in-EC-Take-the-rem-cheque-73097.asp#.UQKX0TfZ1JI

Buyers wants property document without paying last final amt . he cleared my mortgage property.

In Term and condition we mentioned that if the full amount is not paid within one month of agreeement. Then the agreement is canceled.

Discussion > Property Law > Urgent can any one help? no legal expert?  

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Urgent-can-any-one-help-no-legal-expert--73505.asp#.UQKYeDfZ1JI

Now he is saying do the registration on his name and After reflecting in EC then he will take us to his HDFC bank and collect the remaining amount cheque.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Cancelation-of-agreement-73505.asp#.UQKZDjfZ1JI

In the current thread you have posted that:

--“ I was told by the buyer that HDFC Home loan will not release the remaining balance cheque without the sale Deed on my Buyers Name.”

This implies that Bank shall not issue cheque in the name of seller.

It seems strange….different from normal practice…

Banks normally ask for sale agreement and prefer to prepare the cheque in the name of seller. Bank may accompany the buyer and seller and handover the cheque before registering authority.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

--“ Now buyer insisting on us to go ahead of registration of my property with his personal bank account Cheque details in the registration document.”

If the cheque number mentioned in the sale deed is returned unpaid the sale deed can be cancelled. However it shall be appropriate to include a clause in sale deed to this effect and set a specific time.

You must not accept the cheuqe for amount more than the amount of property mentioned in sale deed to be registered in Sub Registrar’s office.

e.g. if property is to be registered for say Rs.10/- lakh you should not take cheque for more than Rs.10/-lakh. Rest you may collect in cash.

It shall still be better if you can collect say Rs.8/- lakh {out of amount for which property is being registered} and Rs. 2 lakh by cheque.

As a seller your interest should be to collect as much as possible before sale deed is registered.

--“ Once the registration done take the receipt with you on that and collect the sale deed agreement and keep with you and then buyer will take me to HDFC Bank home loan to collect the remaiing cheque.”

As the bank is issuing cheque in the name of buyer what cheque this bank shall issue in the name of seller later???

It appears that bank shall handover the cheque in the name of buyer later and buyer wants to satisfy you that he has got the instrument sufficient to clear the cheque mentioned in sale deed.

If you want to be extra careful you may ask the buyer to open an a/c in the same branch of HDFC Bank from which loan is being availed by buyer, and to issue you the CTS cheque of this branch of HDFC bank only and yu may mention this chequ number in sale deed to be registered.{ As per latest RBI bank guidelines effective march CTS cheque only shall be entertained for banking.}

You may also open an a/c in the same branch of HDFC bank and obtain CTS cheque book.

After both of you have obtained the cheque books, you may proceed further.

After the sale deed is registered buyer may deposit his cheque collected from HDFC bank on the spot in his HDFC bank a/c for instant credit of funds. You may collect copy of /c statement on the spot under seal and signature of BM/PB Authorizer.

And you may deposit your cheque collected from buyer in the HDFC bank {same branch} for instant credit of funds in you’re a/c. You may collect copy of /c statement on the spot under seal and signature of BM/PB Authorizer.

Then you may withdraw the funds on the spot.

Then you may handover the property documents to the buyer.

You must keep notarized copy of the sale deed, with you.

You must keep your 2 witnesses with you to sign as witness before sub registrar.

---“How come i do registration without getting HDFC banker cheque on the same day of registration.”

If you wish to accept the cheque issued by HDFC bank which is disbursing loan to the buyer, favoring you stick to it.

As advised by Mr. Sheikh collected duly attested copy of the loan sanction letter issued by HDFC bank. Preferably show it your lawyer.

Lots of discussion has happened on many of the threads initiated by you.

In case of apprehensions it shall be appropriate to approach a lawyer dealing in revenue/property at your location or for that matter any lawyer amongst your near and dear ones and ask him to prepare docs for you and take him with you for completing the process to your satisfaction and you may pay a reasonable fee to your lawyer.

Kindly proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Valuable advice of learnd experts/members is sought.

Hi Kumar, Thanking you very for the information you have provided over here. Regarding Buyers HDFC Bank Loan, they already prepared Banker Cheque on Seller name(i.e. me), but they won't be giving us until we provide them sale deed, till that time they will give a xerox copy of it and signed by hdfc. How come we trust

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 January 2013

Is it mentioned in the sale agreement that buyer shall make the arrangement and make the payment thru bank loan?

In the sale deed it is usually to be stated by seller that property is free from any mortgage. Mortgage on property is already cleared. So EC should be obtained by seller and notarized copies should be kept along with original.

By obtaining EC the seller shall allay not only the apprehensions of the buyer but shall be protecting himself also from any damages.

Bank might have obtained EC but it may not provide a free/certified copy to seller.

In the sale deed it is usually to be stated by seller that:

-- he has received full payment of the consideration amount as in sale agreement, in cash/by cheque/by DD, and there shall not be any transaction of payment before the registering authority.

If the payment is made by Cheque/DD the Cheque/DD number, date, amount, drawn on bank etc is also mentioned.

Why should seller state under oath that he has received original cheque/DD while only a photocopy is received?

--the seller has received the amount of Rs………in cash/ by Cheque/DD {Cheque/DD number, date, amount, drawn on bank etc is also mentioned} before the registering authority.

Therefore bank may accompany the buyer and seller and handover the cheque before registering authority. This seems to be the best option; however the decision of the seller is to be taken by seller.

The bank knows the process and procedure. It has sanctioned a loan {apparently as per post}and it is disbursing the amount of loan then why it is imposing unfair conditions.

The seller is under no obligation of the bank. Buyer is.

The conditions as per the prevailing situation may be inserted in the sale agreement  and sale deed to defend the interest of the seller.

A local lawyer can easily get it done.

It is felt that the buyer has been making the payments even if in installments and has arranged to make the final payment thru bank loan.

Now it is up to the seller how he wants to proceed.

As advised by Mr. Sheikh collected duly attested copy of the loan sanction letter issued by HDFC bank. Preferably show it your lawyer.

Ask the bank in addition to duly attested copy of the cheque it may issue a letter on its letter head under original seal and signature by hand of the BM that it has issued the cheque number ….dated……for Rs……favoring ………Name/father’s name……..full address……..as per the sales agreement dated {certified copy of which by the bank is enclosed} between seller……. Name/father’s name……..full address……..and buyer Name/father’s name……..full address……..and bank shall handover the cheque to the buyer at once and on the spot upon producing the original sale deed registered by registration authority.

There are least chances that bank shall issue such a letter.

However if the bank agrees and indeed issues such letter seller may add a clause to this effect stating that buyer has made arrangement for final payment thru bank loan as per loan sanction letter dated……{ certified copy of which by bank is enclosed}and copy of the cheque enclosed herewith and buyer shall ensure that cheque is handed over to the seller at once after the registration and credited to his account within dated…

The question arises whether registering authority shall agree to register such a sale deed??

Why the bank is not agreeing to be present before registering authority and hands over the cheque ??

The seller should keep his witnesses with him at all places.

The seller can record {audio/visual} and keep witness and evidence.

Lots of discussion has happened on many of the threads initiated by you.

In case of apprehensions it shall be appropriate to approach a lawyer dealing in revenue/ property at your location or for that matter any lawyer amongst your near and dear ones and ask him to prepare docs for you and take him with you for completing the process to your satisfaction and you may pay a reasonable fee to your lawyer.

Kindly proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

This is my last post in current or any new thread initiated by the querist.

Mukul Srivastava   23 August 2019

Hi, You should insist on following clause in Sale Deed:

1. Payment Schedule: The PURCHASERS have paid the Seller aforesaid consideration as follows.
  1. Rs ________ paid by PURCHASERS on Date by RTGS/NEFT/IMPS UTR NO: ___________  Drawn from _____ Bank, Account Number ________  in the Bank Account Number __________ of Bank, IFSC Code: _______ held by the Seller
  2. Rs _____________is paid by PURCHASERS to Seller by HDFC  Home Loan though the Cheque No. __________ of HDFC Bank Dated _________

All Negotiable Instruments are Subject to Realization under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. Any Dishonour due to any Reason shall Result in This Sale Deed Deemed Null and Void and this Sale Deed shall automatically stand Cancelled. The SELLER shall issue the receipt for the payments and this Sale Deed shall come into force after reflecting of the HDFC Bank’s Cheque payment in SELLER  Account mentioned above. This Sale Deed shall be read along with the payment receipts.

Mukul Srivastava   23 August 2019

inSERT THE FOLLOWING PAYEMTN SCHEUDLE IN SALE DEED 

1. Payment Schedule: The PURCHASERS have paid the Seller aforesaid consideration as follows.

1. Rs ________ paid by PURCHASERS on Date by RTGS/NEFT/IMPS UTR NO: ___________  Drawn from _____ Bank, Account Number ________  in the Bank Account Number __________ of Bank, IFSC Code: _______ held by the Seller.

1. Rs _____________is paid by PURCHASERS to Seller by HDFC  Home Loan though the Cheque No. __________ of HDFC Bank Dated _________

All Negotiable Instruments are Subject to Realization under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. Any Dishonour due to any Reason shall Result in This Sale Deed Deemed Null and Void and this Sale Deed shall automatically stand Cancelled. The SELLER shall issue the receipt for the payments and this Sale Deed shall come into force after reflecting of the HDFC Bank’s Cheque payment in SELLER  Account mentioned above. This Sale Deed shall be read along with the payment receipts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register