LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunil_spa (self employed)     26 June 2012

Withdraw of taking loan from local fiance

I had approached a local fiancé office to take loan of 1 lakh, I sighned all the forms he gave and gave 2 signed blank cheque and come back home dint received any money from. then i decided to wait for 2 months for some money that I am getting from other source( i got it), now decided to withdraw the loan, my question if i got back to the lender what he will do? dose he charge anything? does he give my cheques and give me back the all  pappers that I had signed before to get the loan? I am afraid what he will do. I dont need loan from him now. Please assist me.

Learning

12 Replies

I had approached a local fiancé office to take loan of 1 lakh, I sighned all the forms he gave and gave 2 signed blank cheque and came back home dint received any money from him(I dint took any money). then i decided to wait for 2 months for some money that I am getting from other source( i got it), now decided to withdraw the loan, my question if i go back to the lender what he will do? dose he charge anything? does he give my cheques and give me back the all  papers that I had signed before to get the loan? I am afraid what he will do. I dont need loan from him now. Please assist me.

Please anyone answer.

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     26 June 2012

It is better to immediately contact your lender and get back all the documents handed over ,particularly the signed cheques (blank).At the most the lender may ask for loan processing fee.

It is better to immediately contact your lender and get back all the documents handed over ,particularly the signed cheques (blank).At the most the lender may ask for loan processing fee.

Manish (Legal Advisor)     26 June 2012

No need to worry at all, Just make an aplication to your lender for giving back your documents with cheque details  

sunil_spa (self employed)     27 June 2012

I contacted the lender to cancel the loan application and return all the documents and cheque that I had given, now he is saying all the procedure has been done, let somebody get the loan amount after he pays I will give back the documents and cheques, He is not ready to cancel the application,  I am really confused, though I already have money problem this is some what cruel behaviour from lender.

can I make stop payment of cheques in banks?

what if he make any claims that he had lended the money( that I never received from him) showing all the signed documents,

Manish (Legal Advisor)     27 June 2012

Who is your lender?

Actually its a licensed finance firm running by one person.

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     27 June 2012

Serve a legal notice and the matter will be resolved in all probability.

I thank you very much to all for your reply and advice.  I'll be going to consult a lawyer to do further action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register