Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (assistant professor)     01 September 2013

Will writ petition be successful

Hi

I used to work in a Government College on contract for one year. The college administration conducted interviews this year on 29th June and they didn't followed the norms for the selection (They didn't sough the university approval). They declared result on 7th August. I had filed an RTI application regarding the norms for the Appointment of lecturers. I got a reply yesterday and it confirmed that seeking approval of affiliating university is must, which they failed to do so. The principal of college said to my friend, even though i had proof i can't do anything about this and he practically made fun of me. I want to file a writ petition in Himachal Pradesh High Court, Shimla, against the college administration regarding the non-compliance with the norms. I am not sure if court will grant me appeal. I have a copy of norms to be followed, but i don't have proof yet that college didn't have any university's approval. But at the same time, I know college does not have any proof that they had university's approval. Now the question is

i) Shall i file a writ petition in High Court or not? Will it be even admissible in court?

ii) Can High Court  quash the previous interviews and ask college administration to conduct interview again (It has been approximately 3 weeks since the classes started)

iii) Can High Court order a vigilance enquiry against the college administration?

iv) What possible relief i can expect from High Court?

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     07 September 2013

If the norms specify favorable consideration of contract employees,or priority in slection,you can file writ to consider your case.

1 Like

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     13 September 2013

Dear Friend

You can file Writ of Certiorari along with Writ of Mandamus. Your advocate need to carefully draft and argue the petition for you to succeed. 

Regards

VIRAJ KADAM

Advocate

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register