Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

preeti singh (pamela.arora29@gmail.com)     20 March 2017

Will the husband need to provide maintenance?

hello !! i would like get information for the following questions

1) After retirement from govt job in November 2015,I would like to know if there is any way to know the property details or investments,assets of my husband as even after asking him few times, he is not revealing anything to me n harrasses me a lot for expenses when asking him to buy small small things like wall clock or why getting medical tests from a private diagnostic center and not from govt hosp etc. I am a housewife and have many medical conditions like slip disc due to which travelling is limited for me. Also, we remained separate for 6 yrs n we had divorce case too but with mutual consent we reconciled to give our marriage another chance n gave in writing to court tht we will not file any case against each other.Now,even after 3 years of reconciliation, I am still facing the same problem regarding his behaviour. He still insults me , emotionaly and mentally harass me deliberitely due to my sensitive nature. He also threatens to desert us or vanish without informing on small discussions. My younger son stays with me and he too gets disturbed while seeing all this. He is 28 and still not settled as he is currently studying a certification and is dependent on my husband. I also have an elder son who is married and well settled but stay in another city. Both my sons do not have good relations as well as proper communication with him due to his insulting and dictator behavour.

2) if I separate from him again,will he be compelled to give maintenance or not? what rights will I have to secure my life as I am about to become a senior citizen this year end and I am worried for my well being.

Please provide me your expert comments and guidance which will be very helpful for getting clarity and help in my life.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : preeti singh
hello !! i would like get information for the following questions

1) After retirement from govt job in November 2015,I would like to know if there is any way to know the property details or investments,assets of my husband as even after asking him few times, he is not revealing anything to me n harrasses me a lot for expenses when asking him to buy small small things like wall clock or why getting medical tests from a private diagnostic center and not from govt hosp etc. I am a housewife and have many medical conditions like slip disc due to which travelling is limited for me. Also, we remained separate for 6 yrs n we had divorce case too but with mutual consent we reconciled to give our marriage another chance n gave in writing to court tht we will not file any case against each other.Now,even after 3 years of reconciliation, I am still facing the same problem regarding his behaviour. He still insults me , emotionaly and mentally harass me deliberitely due to my sensitive nature. He also threatens to desert us or vanish without informing on small discussions. My younger son stays with me and he too gets disturbed while seeing all this. He is 28 and still not settled as he is currently studying a certification and is dependent on my husband. I also have an elder son who is married and well settled but stay in another city. Both my sons do not have good relations as well as proper communication with him due to his insulting and dictator behavour.

2) if I separate from him again,will he be compelled to give maintenance or not? what rights will I have to secure my life as I am about to become a senior citizen this year end and I am worried for my well being.

Please provide me your expert comments and guidance which will be very helpful for getting clarity and help in my life.

Why you have explained various unwanted things when you both have decided to give it another try?  At this age what will you do taking divorce?  If he is irksome it is for you to  adjust with him.  Govt does not give pension for senior citizen.  Karnataka Govt gives 1000 rs I guess.  Dont know about other states.

You are educated woman and you wont be granted any maintenance by court.  Court will ask you to find your own food by way of earning.

The son 28 year old should be on his own.  Your responsibility towards him ended at 18 years of age.  IF he were purusing some course he can seek help from parents till completion of such course.

Now you both can file maintenance case on him and the elder son.  Both of them should look after you.  It is their moral as well as legal duty. 

If people of your age are thinking of divorce, no wonder there are more number of family courts in the country opened day by day.

Stay put.  Adjust with husband.  Take care of son 2.  Make him stand on his own foot. Those should be your priorities than seeking divorce or maintenance.

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     21 March 2017

@ Preeti 

Its time to adjust and stay . If you have medical problems ask money from your sons for it if your husband is not providing the same. You have also stated that your elder son is doing well  . Its only a few years from now on youll both will live for a few years . Hence enjoy life happily . Its rather suprising that your younger son is not working at the age of 28 yrs .Is he doing his P.hd ?? . Why do you want to go to court against your husband . In a few years he will die than everything will be yours . So be happy laugh

Alternatively if your sons are not providing money to you go to court and  file maintenace case u/s 125 and under Maintenance act of senior citizens .

(Guest)
Originally posted by : stanley
@ Preeti 

Its time to adjust and stay . If you have medical problems ask money from your sons for it if your husband is not providing the same. You have also stated that your elder son is doing well  . Its only a few years from now on youll both will live for a few years . Hence enjoy life happily . Its rather suprising that your younger son is not working at the age of 28 yrs .Is he doing his P.hd ?? . Why do you want to go to court against your husband . In a few years he will die than everything will be yours . So be happy 

Alternatively if your sons are not providing money to you go to court and  file maintenace case u/s 125 and under Maintenance act of senior citizens .

In short what you mean to say is, jo jara he usko jaane do. Jo bache log he, unko pakadke, unki zindagi haram karo surprise

SS instead of filing cases on husband file on children. laugh

SURESH (Hardware Engg)     24 March 2017

Pl think twice on above suggestions as it may get reversed on your both sons under domestic violence Act. That is if you ask maint from husband in court of law ,the court may ask you the status of ur both sons and their inability to pay maint to both u and ur husband. So think on it and decide as ur entering in Sr citizen zone and requires to be cautious for every next step in life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register