LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   14 November 2019

Will not updated and unregistered will

My grand parents have made a joint unregistered will, they have multiple properties, but they have sold one of the property forcefully by my aunt,when they will alive. Now is the will valid, both grand parents have expired ,they had bought multiple properties when they were alive which is not mentioned in the will. And few financial securities mentioned in the will have already sold or don't exist. Now will the will deed be valid for other properties.

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 November 2019

Whatever properties or assets mentioned in the will deed shall be distributed as  according to will deed.

If there are properties   not mentioned in the will deed are to be distributed as per the laws of inheritance and will deed have no applicablity upon them...

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 November 2019

"but they have sold one of the property forcefully by my aunt,when they will alive."Now is the will valid

What does the above statement mean. Did they compulsorily sell the property to the aunt or the aunt compel them to sell away the property. Anyway, if that property had been mentioned in the will, it will not be counted for succession.Whatever properties mentioned in the will and still existed as the property of the testator at the time of his death will be counted. Whatever property that existed in his name at the time of his death, but not mentioned in the will,  will be treated as intestate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register