Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv Gupta (Manager)     13 May 2012

Will execution

Hi,

Need the expertise guidance on some of the processes to be executed after someone's death. My Father passed away a month back.

1. He has a notorized will which accounts for everything..

Property - Every lawyer is giving some different opinion on how to make this transfer happen. What are the different option available and would be possible with proper ownership and easily. One of the property is in MP-Gwalior and other in Karanataka - Bangalore

WIll this Notarized will be enough to make the transfer or do i need a separate agreement between all the heirs to execute the will. We all are in agreement of the will and hence their is no dispute. We are three legal heirs for this - myself , Sister and Mother.

Mutual Funds - My father has lot of mutual funds and in most of the funds nominees are mentioned - my question is what is the process of tranfer of MF to nominee and can i get it executed in one short or for each MF separately. What is the easiest mechnaism to make this happen.

Appreciate your response.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     13 May 2012

Dear Mr.Gupta,

The best option to give effect to the will is to obtain probate or Letter of Administration (if there is no executor in the will). No relinquishment is required from other legal heirs if it was the self acquired property of the father. Consult a local advocate to put the process into motion. 

Anjali Sharma (advocate)     15 May 2012

i too agree with Mr. Bharat. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register