Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Will Discipline can clean up rusted corruption?

EVERY INDIAN CITIZENS  HE / SHE WHO REACHED 18 YEARS OLD MUST AND SHOULD EVERY SERVE IN DEFENCE FULL TIME FOR TWO YEARS. SO THEY CAN UNDER STAND DICIPLINE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THERE FUTURE.

INSTED OF FEEDING POLITICIANS WITH OUR TAX PAYERS MONEY.

Learning

24 Replies

(Guest)

MK Gandhi ji, is it possiable a democratic country like ours? How our politicians live / get bread and butter if they make a policy compoulsary defence training to all those who crossed 18 years of age.

(Guest)

At least in Defence and Police recrutment corruptions will go down rapidly. It is possible in India. If youth can come forward and force the government to do Shri. P. Sathya Prakash ji.

(Guest)

Government failed to provide atleast HOME GUARD jobs to unemployed youth. If students agitate for employment they will be treated as revolutionrists. Who pressurise the Government to recruit defence and para defence personal?

(Guest)

It is like a discipline education. And they are not looking for employment. And they are our future pillars to clean up corruption.

(Guest)

If all schools and colleges recruit all students in NCC and SCOUT that is enough. Students learn large extent of dicipline. In India any school or college is doing like this?

When students are in schools and colleges they don't know anything about corruption. When they enter into real life i.e. seeking for employment, then they will come to know what is corruption. 

(Guest)

Sir ji, NCC ment for indirectly corruption sir. They are issuing  " B " and  " C " certificate for reservation.

That's why I mentioned clearly 18 years old.

Please just look at Israil they are very strongest country in the world.

Just because of dicipline.

Ofcourse in India too we have dicipline but few only.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 January 2010

Mr. Gandhi

You seem to forget that the number of scams/corruption in defence forces, even at the level of Lt.General, have been increasing by leaps and bounds. Remember that army's strength is about 12 lacs alone. You can imagine the enormity of requirements of even alpins. By donning uniforms they don't become angels not different than you and I. We talk of corruption in judiciary (men again) then why not in defence forces (men again)? We must remember that human nature being what it is, there is no difference where a man is posted or what he is doing. Many among them have been caught spying for enemy.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 January 2010

America had to give up DRAFT (compulsory recruitment in defence forces for at least 3 years when a boy/girl turned 16). India's population in the age group 18-25 is 50 lakhs. Let us be reasonable. A poverty stricken nation like India can't feed is population two square meals. Who is going to manage such a gigantic task of feeding and managing them?

(Guest)

Sir, I may correct or wrong. But if the Government provides 2 years professional training like ( NCC ) unpaid with all free facilities ( accommodation living in tents,food common mess and travel First class in trains and / or  Economy class in flight).

Yes it must be a compulsory Defence training for 2 years only when boy and / or girl turned  16 years and / or 18 years of age.

Once it is implimented this system can slowly clean up corruption in the nation. 

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     08 January 2010

I have read the above with interest. I am an ex-serviceman. I have been abroad on a work visa in a poor country in African continent. After I returned, I have been strongly advocating that (instead of training) like in Israel, every able bodied person irrespective of background sholud be inducted in Defence services for min 3-5 years and after that in a third world (poverty and disease stricken) country. The people in such countries are down to earth, they are by-&-large honest, and have practically no tricks up their sleeves (as they are busy in day-to-day requirements) and working with them for them will turn , rather churn out real good human beings in us. Once our people specially youth undergo these two postings, we are going to be real fantastic country. This is my personal view , but yes, in a democratic set up it may be difficult, yet there is no question why it can not be implemented only requirement is the 'will' to do so. I don't think our current fun loving adventurous youth will lack in enthusiasm in experimenting and then see the results.I am sure it will work wonders- at least I am convinced.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     08 January 2010

It is ideal. But the size and population of the country makes it impractical.

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     08 January 2010

My experience dates back to 80s, but then instead of huge population, there can be adoptive mechanism- by screening, yes it will amount ot lot of spendings and man hours' involvement, but it will be worth while an exercise as nothing is impossible, we have to have will and put in efforts. But I am happy that the idea is well taken. I remeber one of my teachers in my early school days who used to coax us by saying if every one studies/learns  (English-he was teaching English) who will sell vegetables? Today even educated , big business houses are in this trade itself because of money, but the relevance of this is that every one may not be selected and many may be filtered out by the process involved and by choice, if allowed to exercise which of course can not be denied in democratic set up.

niranjan (civil practice)     14 January 2010

I think if our education systm is changed, teachers are honest and sincere,students are taught lesson of nationality and when we will start feeling proud about our country and sense of self-discipline is inculcated,that would bring good results.Instead,after independence allthese things have deteriorated day by day,standard  of morality have lost  importance in life,would only mean that we have to go a long way..

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     14 January 2010

Niranjan ji, there is a BIG 'IF' which is a difficult proposition. Then self accountability which is more or less non-existent, so compulsions imposed by discipline are the crux. Just see while on roads driving is so erratic but wherever there is a check- all vehicles and drivers are disciplined. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register