LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.Padmanabhan (Advocate)     17 June 2009

Will

One of my client's husband has left a will bequeathing in her favour a property in suburban chennai. My client's marriage with the deceased man is void, because at the time of marriage the deceased man had a surviving wife. Now both the widows are alive. The property bequeathed in favour of my client came into the hands of the deceased man by way of settlement from his first wife (still alive). What are the chances/problems of my client's testamentory succession to the property?  I would very much be thankful to our members for their guidance.

Learning

8 Replies

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     17 June 2009

religion   of   client  ?

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     17 June 2009

yes could we have the religion of your client please to answer properly to your query.

yes, could we have the religion to give a proper reply to your query

i agree, religion plays an important part so could we have the religion of your client to givea proper answer to your query

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     17 June 2009

invalidity of marriage is irrelevant  for the purposes of will. the will is valid.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 June 2009

Dr. is right.

R. Arumuga Perumal. (PRACTISING lawyer)     18 June 2009

Since the property is the absolute property of the executant he had every right to bequathed his property to anybody. So the will is valid eventhough the marriage is void.

G.Padmanabhan (Advocate)     18 June 2009

The deceased man was an Indian  christian. For academic interest, I would like to know what difference would it make if the deceased man had been a Hindu?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register