LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P P M Murugesan   29 January 2019

Will

when the testator died and the will not traced, all immovable assets sold based on partition deed, whether the will have any effect now

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 January 2019

Who is the Testator?  Is it ancestral?  Are Hindus?  who are the parties of Partition deed?  is the Testator a party in Partition deed?  Your query is not clear. state full facts.  

P P M Murugesan   30 January 2019

Sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am giving details on the questions raised.

Testator is the father of legal heirs . All properties are self earned. They are Hindus.

Sons are the parties to the partition deed where the daughters stood as witnesses and daughters had not claimed any share on the properties. Partition deed was registered on 31/7/1997.

Copy of the Will was traced only after all properties are sold. Original Will is not traceable.

Whether any one of the legal heir or their heir can raise any legal recourse based on the Will.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 January 2019

When did the father execute the Will as per copy of the same? Who are the beneficiries as per copy of Will?  The daughters are not claimed any share and stood witness in the document.  But is it mentioned in the partition deed that the daughters are not claiming any share and hence no share given to them as per their wish.  contact me via cell.

P P M Murugesan   30 January 2019

The Will was executed on 19/2/1997 and the testator died on 27/3/1997.

All male legal heirs are beneficiaries and daughters are not given any assets.

There is no mention in the sale deed about daughters not claiming any share

As desired by you, I will contact you tomorrow over mobile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register