LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parvahi (a)     04 May 2015

Will

Hi , My mother want to write her will for her ancestral property. Ownership for part of the property is fully enjoyed by her and part of it is in litigaion i.e it is in civil court for which her cousins are also claiming for their right. Chances in the court are looking more favourable to my mother. Now can she write the will for the entire property without mentioning survey numbers ? Please guide me all the possible ways she can put the entire property in the will.

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 May 2015

Sir, If its ancestral property then she cannot right a will without obtaining a noc from other legal heirs and as a matter of fact when the litigation is ongoing the answer is no ..... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

richardjohnson   04 May 2015

No, she cannot write will if property is ancestral. You mother can only write the will if she is only the legal owner of ther property.

sudakshina banerjee (na)     05 May 2015

Sir,

you did not mentioned whether your ancestral property is joint, or your predecessor died intestate or not. if they died intestate then there is no prblem your mother can make an will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register