Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarkanta (Consultant)     29 April 2017

Wife threatening me by her suicide attempts

Hi ,

4 years back I got married, she has been completely influenced by her father, she is immature & arrogant whatever we discuss (including husband & wife secrets) she shares with her father, whatever her father says it is a laxmana rekha to her.  He never respects us, as I observed ,their family lives in different fantasy, for them husband & his family members are villains, whatever we say they blindly refuse.

Whatever she says I have to accept, she never respects my mother & sisters, my mother lives in my home town, if she accepts then only I should invite them to my house, for small issues also she never ever compromises if I tried to convince her in any matter at one stage she always went into abnormal stage and starts shouting then finally she always threatens me by suicide attempts. Undoubtedly she has some psychological problem.

From day 1 she has been threatening me by suicide attempts, I informed to her father many times about her suicide attempts, but he always blindly support her daughter , it is been 4 years , with lot of patience I have been living and trying to change her but didn’t succeed, since she continuously threatening in between I left her into her parents home and  denied to take her back after a week they approached  my brother in law for compromising , that time my brother in law asked them to write a letter that she will never threaten again by suicide attempts, and they agreed and written letters too.

But only one month she kept quite then after it’s a dog’s tail, all of my neighbors also well aware of her behavior.

Recently she went to her parent’s home and filed a harassment complaint on me in a police station, when I receive a call I was shocked as she is actually harassing me by doing all these things, so I went to police station and explained everything but she says I am lying, so I asked them to enquire about facts.

After 2 days I came to know by my neighbors that her father & police person came and enquired, police person didn’t inform me but he came along with her father, however since my neighbors well aware about the facts so they clearly mentioned about her behavior, screaming and suicide attempts.

Since my wife is pregnant now her father expected that neighbors will tell positively about her but thankfully they told only facts which my father-in law didn’t expect. I am a soft nature so none of my neighbors told any negative on me.

After a week again I receive a call from police station so I went there but shocked because inspector mentioned that she is innocent and complete problem is with me only, I shocked, he started talking with me in police language and mentioned that she will come back after delivery and I should accept without any condition when I questioned him why she is ready to come back when I am harassing, he shouted on me in their language and took stick to beat me as well.

I didn’t understand what to do so I came back to home, our family is well respected family in the society and don’t have any knowledge/experience on these things...

Legally what should I do? One of my friend suggests to send a divorce notice to her, with the frustration I have now i can send but I am thinking about children’s future, we have 2 years kid and she is pregnant now, why should they suffer because of our inability to solve the issues. Is there a way to solve the issue rather breaking the relationship?

If I compromise now, that’s it undoubtedly she feels that she got a good weapon to control me and my rest of life would be hell. 

Request you to provide your valuble advice on this.

Thank you,

venkat.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 April 2017

It's better that you apply for divorce on cruelty grounds as I think she will get worse only over time.you can clim the custody of the child once when she or he reaches seven years.as far as the police officer is concerned you can make a complaint against him to the superintendent of police about his partial behaviour towards you.also file an NC about your wife's suicidal nature and her tendency to file false cases over you

A walk alone (-)     30 April 2017

If reconcile is possible then do it, on one condition install CCTV in your home. In future if she threats or do anything wrong it will be recorded automatically. Reconcile will save your children future. Otherwise because of her your child future will spoil. You and your child will roam court for decade.

Born Fighter (xxx)     01 May 2017

You are the best judge of the situation. I think experts can better suggest once YOU MAKE UP your mind to accept or divorce her. File NC in police station meanwhile. When you knew ur wife's mental issues you should have not gone for second child. Her fathers letter accepting she gives suicidal threats and ur neighbours statement in ur support will help you. Ask for record of statement given by ur neighbours to police and keep it with you. Complain about the rowdy police inspector who tried to bully you......

kumarkanta (Consultant)     08 May 2017

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for providing your valuable suggestions,

yesterday got a call from police station and asked me to come there, after i went there this time they talked politely and they are trying to convince me by saying my wife wants to come back, then i mentioned what about her suicidal threatening behaviour then this time inspector given warning to my wife by saying you should not repeat these stupid things again. 

But i mentioned no i don't trust her, in the past already she & her father written letters too but it repeated, so after coming back if something happens then my self & my entire family goes inside so i can't take her back.

in between inspector mentioned that given complaint would be put on hold by taking request letter from my wife and in future if she wants she can reopen it again.

I clearly mentioned that send both of us to psychiatrist and let psychiatrist examine us , as per psychiatrist recommendation either of us or both have to take treatment and once treatment completes she has to take her complaint back then only I will accept her because I can’t live with her when a complaint is on hold/is on the record.

My wife denies to come to the psychiatrist and top of that inspector is mentioning that once complaint is given that’s it it is recorded on the file and it can't be taken back but it can be put on hold upon her request.

Can you please help me on this,

is it correct, complaint can't be withdrawn (No FIR filed yet) by petitioner?

Where should i file NC complaint , should it be in my hometown or her hometown?

They given 3 days of time to decide and mentioned that if my decision won’t change they will proceed further.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register