LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santanu Tosh (Junior Engineer)     06 August 2012

Wife's surname in pan card

1. My wife has bank accounts in both her maiden name as well as with surname changed after marriage. Is there any legal problem in having such accounts? Her PAN card is in her maiden name.

2. My wife would like to change her surname in her PAN card. Can she include both surnames in the PAN card, i.e. her father's surname and her husband's surname? If yes, which one should be placed first, I mean is there any law about this?

Learning

3 Replies

CA. Vikash Dwivedi (Chartered Accountant)     06 August 2012

there is no legal infringment if your wife has two account with two surnames. In case any authority needs you can provide them marriage certificate or affidevits.

for pan card the applicant has to provide desired supporting for the name.

1 Like

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     07 August 2012

1- marriage certificate and affidevits 2- if you want you can change. check this link https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correction.html

Pranali Sharma   30 June 2017

Thanks for sharing information,A Permanent Account Number is one of the most important document,If someone applied for PAN card and want to know how to correct pan card mistakes , then you can know by various ways. You can update it online or in offline mode.To check pan card status online click here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register