LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife husband died need experts opinion on death benefits

Hi Sir, My Sister got Married to a person A in the year 1988. But during marriage time there was difference between both the parties and they got separated during the marriage day itself. So based on mutual consent of both the parties they got separated but not in court. 

Then after 1 year my sister first husband got married.

So after 5 years my sister also got married to another person B in the year 1993 who is government employee. As a proof we are having marriage photos with us. (This person B also got married previously, but his wife died and he is having 2 children’s). 

So my sister was with B having a family life for 6 years, but during this 6 years this person harassed my sister and he maintained many illegal contacts with other woman’s. Unable to bare his torture my sister came out of his house after 6 years as he throwed her out of his house. 

Even though our parents and relatives and neighbors tried to convince his to change his attitude and have a happy family with my sister he never agreed because he is a big womanizer.  he always used to blackmail that he will commit suicide if you send your sister to my house or any one will support her.

but my sister tried to go with him but he never accepted. so she was still waiting to go to him.

Recently in the year 2018 May Month this person B committed suicide and he died. and every one came to know his death after 2 days. 

So now person B First Wife children’s entered and they were saying my sister has no legal rights and all the benefits will be taken by them only. 

These 2 children’s are one girl and one boy.

Girl got married and she is having one son. Boy is aged 27 and is unmarried.  

So recently without my sister consent they approached departments for benefits saying only we are legal hairs and we don’t have any one in our family. or my father don’t have any  2nd wife. 

(But during death time before panchanama Person B Children’s accepted my sister as their mother and their fathers 2nd wife. ) And my sister participated in all the rituals along with first wife children’s and person b family members. 

Person B Sisters, Children’s, relatives every one accepted my sister as person B Wife before police punchanama report and told her to take pension benefits. but after 3  month person B Children’s  are changing their words and attitude. 

But Person B Relatives are supporting my sister. 

So i need advice as my sister lost her valuable family life. 

So what are the steps my sister needs to follow to get benefits. is she eligible to take pension and death benefits ? 

Please give advice and help my sister. Awaiting speeding reply as they already approced department for benefits. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register