LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dukhihubby   04 July 2016

Wife filed rcr 3 months after filing 498a

Friends need your urgent suggestion on the current situation. Wife filed RCR 3 months after filing 498a.

498a (Filed Dec 2014). RCR filed by wife in March 2015. DV case also filed in Jan 2015. All three cases running.

498a I got anticipatory bail easily. I have not filed even 1 case against her.

I need the below information and have a few questions:

My 498a lawyer mentioned that RCR is not valid since she put RCR after 498a FIR. I need to know if there is a judgement that I can refer on this or how can I get this RCR closed.

Wife wants divorce with all 3 cases running. My stand is she should take back 498a and I can then think of giving divorce. Will this be a good situation?

Will I be able to get the DV and RCR closed after the divorce Decree. I am sure she has plans to go out of country/city.

Learning

2 Replies

Khush   04 July 2016

Well, she can file any case/any combination of cases even before or after 498a.

RCR means she want to live with you. But history suggests that 498a wife is always dangereous, and more than 95 percent of 498a filing wives end up with divorce. And this is reality. 

Do not panic, keep your cool, and fight all cases on merit. If you have got bail easily means prima facie allegations in fir must be of general sense. She has to produce evidence. More than 70 percent cases are dropped at evidence stage only. 

And once 498a is dropped or you are acquitted, it will become a suitable case for you to get divorce, and you will get easily.

Wives file multiple cases only to extract money in form of alimony. If she want MCD, just do it only on your terms and conditions. 

Otherwise say, your priority is to come out clean from all these case, after that you will think about MCD.

Definitely she will come to your terms on MCD

A walk alone (-)     04 July 2016

If you are thinking of divorce and she also want divorce go MCD and file quash of all these cases. You can try MCD on your demands of closing all the cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register