who will repair if leakage is towards outside of building?

Dear Sir/Mam,

If building construction is getting damage caused due to leakage is towards outside of building, occurring at bathroom/toilet seepage and coming towards outside of building wall from pipe and goes towards pillar which is getting damage.

So who will repair as per law, Society or Flat owner?

If Society committee says that they will not repair from Society fund? Then what can be done by other Society living members? 

If Flat owner says that he or she will not repair? Then what can be done by Society committee?

Please give your advice in both above case.

Our society is cooperative housing Society.

Awaiting your revert as soon as possible.


Manish Tolani

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

You can submit your grievance to the local municipality. Municipal take action on cooperative society for not taking action and file a petition with registrar of cooperative socieities inaction in time. You can also send a legal notice to the society management and file a petition in consumer forums nearby.


This one I know
I want to know, who is responsible to pay to get repair in such case.?

Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. This one process I know, but I need to know that, who is responsible first to pay to get repair? Society or Flat owner? If you can give your email id, I can share you images of problems.

In which State is the case? Whose fault was the cause of leakage? On which floor is the flat from which leakage is occuring? Is the leakage from kitchen, bath-room, toilet, wash-basin or any other? Was any repair or alteration done recently to the leakage source? How old is the construction?  Is it necessary to enter into any of the flats to do the repair-work? Is there a flat below the flat from where leakage is occuring?




Responsibility to repair may differ in accordance of the fact, situation, fault etc. 


Dear Sir, I am not getting proper reply. If anyone can give their mail I'd, so I can share few images of matter. I want that who is first responsible to get repair, Society or Flat owner. Case is like as below Flat owner k bathroom ka pipe jo building k bahar ki taraf nikalta h us point se pani leak hokar building ki bahar ki diwal se hokar pillar ki taraf se guzar k niche floor pe gir raha h. In that case who is responsible to pay for repairing. Society or Flat owner? as building outer wall and pillar below is getting damage. Please revert with appropriate solution.

Flat owner is the only person who is responsible for repair or pay for repair, If he refuses to do so , you go to society to pressurized flat owner

Advocate Rajendra K. Goyal is right and Mr. Narendra is not right.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x