Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Which state to file divorce proceedings ?

Hi 

I am Goan and my wife is Karnatakan , we got arraged marriage in Goa last year and later mariage registration was done in Goa . but due to difference and due to constant interference from my in laws and wife immature behaviour, to much difference have cropped up between us and our fmaily . Wife also has habit of staying back for long period with my in laws for no apparent reasons and in last one year she has spend more than 4-5 months in her place in karnataka and constanly has been threatning to go for Seperation and Dovorce . 

I want to know which state i should approach for Divorce or should i let my wife approach first for divorce in Karnataka . what measures should i take ? since my wife is still in my in laws place for last 2 months and not in touch with me . 

We donot have kids , under what conditions should i file if needs arises desertion or mutual consents ? 

Learning

3 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     16 December 2016

Divorce petition can be in the place

1. where you lastly lived together as husband and wife

2. where marriage was registered

3. or where marriage took place 

So, you can file divorce case in Goa,

MCD is the fastest way to get divorce but if your wife doesn't agree you can go for contested divorce.

(Guest)

But she now reside in Karnataka and she doesnot want to come to hearing in Goa 

Sachin (N.A)     16 December 2016

if she is ready for MCD then you both can file the case in Karnataka, if you are going to file contested divorce, court will summon her, either her lawyer will appear on her behalf or court will grant you exparty divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register