Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mithu   21 February 2016

Which Taluk should Heirship Certificate be obtained from?

My father passed away on 26/11/2015. It was a car accident. To complete some formalities, I need to procure Legal Heirship certificate. We currently live in a rented house.Therefore that address is recorded as the address at the time of death in the death certificate. But our permanent address comes under another Taluk. Therefore i went to that Thaluk office and submited an application for the same. I got the necessary signature and was directed to our Village office. But there an official said that he can't proceed with my application because address at the time of death is different. He said i will have to apply for the same at the Taluk office that my temporary address comes under. Is this correct ? We have lived here for only 4 months. I am from Kerala

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 February 2016

The taluk office under which the dece ased permanent address comes would be the place to file lhc

Rakesh V. Khandelwal (Lawyer)     22 February 2016

The place where the deceased was ordinarily residing i.e. the place of deceased's residence.

Rakesh V. Khandelwal (Lawyer)     22 February 2016

The place where the deceased was ordinarily residing i.e. the place of deceased's residence.you should be able to show address proof. Or if your father had immovable property, that place may be regarded his place of residence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register