LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Whether offence of abetment to commit suicide is made out if

Whether offence of abetment to commit suicide is made out if wife commits suicide in her matrimonial home?

Budhiyarinbai (PW4) has also admitted in her cross-examination that her daughter Jamunbai used to come to the maternal house on every occasions of Tijafestival and after the festival they used to take her to her matrimonial house. She also admitted that father of her daughter used to go to the matrimonial house of their daughter and return after knowing well being of their daughter. She further admitted that they did not report about assault or beating to their daughter nor did they call any panchayat meeting in this regard. In paragraph 8, she has categorically admitted that during the period of 4 years their daughter never complained of any assault on her. In paragraph 9 also, she admitted that her daughter was coming to her maternal house happily and was returning to her matrimonial house happily. She never refused to go back to her matrimonial house.
14. From the above statements of Chintaram (PW3) and Budhiyarinbai (PW4), it is clear that their daughter/deceased used to visit at her maternal house on every occasions of Tija festival. It is also clear that father of the deceased also used to visit the matrimonial house of the deceased. From the admission of Budhiyarinbai (PW4) in paragraph 8, it is also clear that the deceased never complained of beating to her by the in-laws during the period of 4 years. From her admission, it is further clear that the deceased was happily going to her matrimonial house and she never refused to go to her matrimonial house. From the statements of both these witnesses, it is clear that there were small domestic issues between the deceased and her in-laws and she was not having any grievance against the issues.
15. Baliram (PW7), brother-in-law (Jija) of the deceased has stated that once he had gone to the matrimonial house of the deceased. At that time, the Appellants had not talked to him, therefore, he had returned therefrom. At that time, the deceased had told him that whenever any of her relatives visits there, they do not talk to the relative. She had also told him that after returning of the relative, they beat her. In paragraph 6 of his cross-examination, he has admitted that this incident took place before 2 years of the death of the deceased. He further admitted that during those 2 years, he never listened about any beating given to the deceased by her in-laws. From the above also, the prosecution case does not find support.
In the High Court of Chhattisgarh at Bilaspur
(Before Arvind Singh Chandel, J.)
 Chhannu, S/o Tikaram Sahu, 
v.
State of Madhya Pradesh (now Chhattisgarh) .
Criminal Appeal No. 2537 of 1999
Decided on November 6, 2017, 
Citation:
2017 SCC OnLine Chh 1234

Learning

2 Replies

lucky12321 (Job)     14 November 2017

Due to abusive behaviour and nature of my wife we have very less s*xual relationship and I already told my in-laws the same due to her behaviour i don't want kid becuase she used abusive language without any reason and some time she given me suicide threats to fulfill her illogical demands i.e she stopped me to talk with my parents/sister and other rrelatives, she stopped me if i go hospital with my parents.( I go with them but after that when i returned home she used abuisve language also hit me some time).

Recently I told my in-laws about her behaviour after that they are blaming me and my parents and told me you are torturing our daughter becuase of your parnents you are not making physical relationship with her. I clearly told them due to her nature it's not possible for me now my wife always giving suicide threats and told me i will left a note and mentioned it you are not making physical relationship with me that's why i kill myself.Please suggest me how i will safeguard my parents from this mess if she does something crazy.

Note: We have s*xual relationship but frequancy is less same i told my in-laws but they are not ready to listed me they only want "KID" but don't want becuase of her nature.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2017

nothing understood out of your descripttion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register