LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Where eagles dare--asking for a chit

My Writ Petition was filed on 16 Jul 2013 against the order of ZSWO Ranga Reddy Distt AP in the High Court of AP,Hyderabad. It was regd on 18 Jul against Justice Reddy who got it transferred to another Judge. First taken up on 8 Aug 2013 delaying it by two precious weeks as EAMCET COUNSELLING for medical already started on 22 Jul 2013. And the Judge gave two weeks time to the GP Home to file his counter. As on date neither the counter has been filed nor the case taken up once though listed once in a week with three Judges changed in between.

But none of the advocates besides my advocate who filed the writ are ready to discuss the issue of posting of cases on a daily basis. None is either clear or is afraid to talk on the subject which is so vital for smooth functioning of the court. My enquiry reveals that cases are posted in a most adhoc manner left entirely to the discretion of the Judge who in turn depends on the honesty and integrity of the staff at the office of Registrar Judicial. Here at this end things are cooked up defeating the very purpose of automated system of posting pending as well as fresh cases developed by NIC.

The killer here is the CHIT or the court slip which has no official sanction but are issued on verbal instruction of the respective Judges duly signed by the advocate and the court officer and then counter signed by the Registrar Judicial as the ultimate weapon to cause changes in the daily cause lists on a daily basis. These chits are neither machined numbered nor manually numbered. It is the Registrar who decides which chits are to be treated with respect or to be dumped.

This chit is a million dollar worth business venture because of which all the state of the art central processing computers with equally expensive tailor made software developed are failed due to vested interest.

Will the lawyers/ the advocates fraternity stop seeking chits and allow the NIC developed software to take charge and post the cases as per mutually agreed parameters on a daily basis without any manual intervention.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register