Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     15 April 2017

When will be the order and when to remarry?

My case of divorce is going on.  My husband didn't turn up on any of the date and so it is moving fast. Next date is on the last week of this month and online status shows Final Arguments.

I want to know what after final arguments stage? Is it order?  How long a judge will take to order.  From 13th May vacations are there and my lawyer said that the judge will finish it off before vacation as she gave short date for final arguments stage.

Another question is if after exparte, I remarry immediately and then till 90 days no one will appeal then will my new marriage is going to be valid after the expiry of 90 days?

P.S.  I never applied for DV or 498 or Compensation and also left the alimony.  I just need divorce.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

U Cannt marry before lapse of appeal period

Nisha Patel (N.A.)     15 April 2017

and how long it will take for the order?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 April 2017

It is felt that your lawyer is right.

The Presiding Officer is likely to follow rules on Pronouncement of Judgment.

Don't be impatient to remarry.

OP has time to appeal.

Sachin (N.A)     15 April 2017

You should wait for 100 days for remarriage after court grants divorce decree to you. Because 90 days is appeal period plus time required for taking certified copy.

A walk alone (-)     15 April 2017

It depends upon judge how long it will take for the order. It seem you are in hurry of second marriage. But you should wait for 100 days for remarriage after court grant divorce to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register