LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sairam   30 March 2016

What to do when stage of case is notice/summons

If stage of case is "Notice" since many hearings but not received any corespondance. For a "Respondent" what does this mean and what to be done for this?

Learning

4 Replies

Sairam   30 March 2016

Thanks for input.

This case was filed 3 yeras ago followon to closure of an old civil case. There were many hearing, initial few hearing case stage was in "Notice",  later in few hearing it changed to "summons", after that again it is in "Notice" stage. Why notice is not geting served to "Resopndent" even after so many hearings.

(Guest)

Faltu giri going on , It is done by your respected Advocate most probably intentionally , he should be competent to do silly clerical work. 

1) Summons /Notice intention is very clear , to tell other party to appear in court 

2) See this is delay tactis done by Advocate.  There are various provision under Order 5 of CPC , additionally CPC 151 inheritent power of court . You can serve notice by speed post , additionally notice can be given by hand. Additionally you can apply for notice/summons from court and instead of visiting yourself (If you want to avoid) Tell some one to go to other paty and get signature as if it is letter. Additionally check whether your adv. has not put process fee (Rs. 50 in maharashtra) , In CPC there is even provision to issue by FAX, Email , you need to check rules approved by High court of your state. 

3) Addition to Delivery of Summons by Court under rule 9  Order 5 , Summons can be given under rule 9A  to plantiff /etc. 

4) Most simple thing get sumnmons/Notice  that you will serve on opp. party personally . Do some trick that send it as if courier boy etc. and get that person signature on zerox etc. 

This is indeed irriating for me 3 Years . This all people are bringing bad name to this proffession . 

(Guest)

Don't tell my name or details to Adv. else he will fight with me here , although I may have created many enemies  with striaght talk about  wrong  practice already.

In my opinion Advocate incompetent or cheating you 

(Guest)

Don't tell my name or details to Adv. else he will fight with me here , although I may have created many enemies  with striaght talk about  wrong  practice already.

In my opinion Advocate incompetent or cheating you 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register