Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrinmoy (Software Engineer)     11 November 2014

What seals are required for a proprietary business?

I provide software services to my clients. Recently I also applied for service tax as a proprietary business. I want to know, what seals are required for a proprietary business and what are their usage?

Also which seal is required for invoice/bill?

Learning

4 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     11 November 2014

Dear Mrinmoy,

There are no prescribed seals for proprietary -ship. For all purposes the business proprietary is fully liable and he only conducts business in proprietary name. He needs just a Rubber Stamp showing  Proprietary name and he has to sign as proprietor of that entity.

Mrinmoy (Software Engineer)     11 November 2014

Originally posted by : V M DAHAKE

Dear Mrinmoy,

There are no prescribed seals for proprietary -ship. For all purposes the business proprietary is fully liable and he only conducts business in proprietary name. He needs just a Rubber Stamp showing  Proprietary name and he has to sign as proprietor of that entity.

What about bills/invoices? I have seen many people using round seal with business name and address.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     13 November 2014

Even the sole proprietorship business can be registered in the Registrar of firm under the head of sole proprietorship concern.  There is a seperate provision for that. Please consult your local Registrar of firm.  Once your proprietorship concern is registered, you can get prepared the seal under the "concern name rep. by your name".

Now even company can be formed by sole member under companies Act in Registrar of Companies.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2014

You are coming out questions involving day to day issues, these are all to be met as per the requirement of office or to run a office.  You can add or dispense anything at your discretion.  For all your queries to set up or establish a well designed office, you may take the help of a local consultant if you are not able to decide about any such thing on your own.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register