Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan dhiman (Supervisor)     16 December 2013

What is rule of maintenance?

Hi

I am earning 40K in hand. While mediation mediators force me to sign to give 10K monthly to my wife for 1 Year.

I have signed because i wanna live with my wife. 

I want to know that what exact amount I should give to my wife for her Maintenance. She is living withe me now.

she is willing to continue the same amount After one year. Now i discontinue to give money to my Parents.

My brother & sisters are studying in collage. I am living in a metro city. 

Her father do setting with  Mediator Rs 10K.

As per law After 1 year How much Money should I give to my wife for her maintenance while she live with me?

Please guide me. 

Learning

7 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 December 2013

Why are you paying the money when she live with you? she is not entitled to get maintenance if she live with you.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     16 December 2013

while she is living with you , she is not entitle for any maintenance amount . don't pay her .

Rohan (Manager- Legal)     16 December 2013

Here I would like to ask you. Is she just staying in your house with you or is also cohabiting with you as a spouse. There is a difference.

If she is just staying under the same roof, you can pay her a amount for the monthly expenses- clothes, medical etc. This will be a negotiated amount between you and her. But take care to have the amount finalized in writing.

If she is living with you as a spuse, then you do not need ot pay any amount

Rohan dhiman (Supervisor)     17 December 2013

She is cohabiting with me as a spouse after successful mediation.

Before mediation She has demand of her day today expenditure. Sometimes I gave her money & sometimes I refused if i I feel not necessary. But monthly I was giving 2~3 thousand to her as monthly pocket money.

This was also one reason she filed FIR against me(Reason - Sometimes I gave her money & sometimes I refused if i I feel not necessary). She is money minded.

I have signed on mediation papers to give her 10K Monthly. if Now i refuse to give her what action she can take against me?

Please guide.

Need Help... (MIS-Executive)     17 December 2013

If wife cohabiting after successful mediation....and wife living with husband.... then  Husband have to pay... Maintainance to wife... ? Is it True... ? Its strenge...

Rohan dhiman (Supervisor)     18 December 2013

Does Wife have any right on husband,s salary?

Is there any law which define that when wife is living with husband then husband must have to pay a portion or percentage of salary to the wife?

Please guide me?

vishak (manager)     19 December 2013

no law as  such. but husband becomes habitual in paying bcoz wife is always after his sal and parts with his sal as demended / forced by wife to avoid 498a/DV etc. and hence it gradualy becomes law at home and finaly law of land.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register