Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udhimaa (Software Engineer)     09 December 2013

What is a csr? what will be the consequence of filing it?

Hi Experts,

Today my uncle received a call from a Police Station and asked him to come for enquiry. A CSR has been filed and it contains my uncle name. After the enquiry both the parties (My uncle and the one who gave the complaint) compromised and the case is closed.My uncle is scared a bit since his name has entered into the police records.

So could you please elaborate what is a CSR?

The difference between a CSR and FIR?

Is it bad to have a name entered in CSR?

Will he be denied of anything since his name is in the CSR?

Kindly advise

Thanks,

Udhimaa

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 December 2013

CSR is a register by which the police acknowledges the receipt of the complaint.  this is rather a preliminary stage of complaint, if the complainant and the respondent, on inquiry by the police officer, compromises and reduces the same in writing, the police will close the case as settled based on the compromise arrived,  On the other hand, if the police finds prima facie offence against the respondent and if no truce arrived at, the police may proceed with the case by filing FIR and further investigation, arrest, remand etc., hence CSR is not harmful element like FIR, if your uncle is scared out the same, he can obtain anticipatory bail from the District court.  

1 Like

Udhimaa (Software Engineer)     10 December 2013

Thanks Mr.Kalaiselvan for responding to my query. 

Udhimaa (Software Engineer)     10 December 2013

Thanks Mr.Kalaiselvan for responding to my query. 

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 October 2016

Mr Kalaiselvan is right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register