Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Student)     30 May 2012

What do i need to get to use my name as rahul k verma?

Hello

My name is Rahul Verma K. Has been this way in all my documents.

But I wish to use my name as Rahul K Verma hereon. Because Verma must be my last name and Rahul my first name, K my middle initial.

Can I get an affidavit for this? If so, please tell me the kind of affidavit I need to get, or whom to consult. A lawyer or is it enough if I go to a notary directly.

I do not want to do the name change procedure where I am required to advertise in newspapers. Is an affidavit enough? With that affidavit, I will proceed to make a small change in my name in a few documents (PAN Card, License & Passport)... For my college certificates, I will leave it unchaged, is this fine? If I can just show the affidavit if someone asks about the difference in certificates and documents.

Awaiting replies...

Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

vaibhav (Legal support officer)     31 May 2012

Mr, Rahul,

As per my knowledge, you can an apply for change in your name. After compition of the procedure your new name will be plublished in the government gazzette. After publishing the name you will obtain all relevent documents i.e. pan card, license, school certificates etc.  

Rahul (Student)     31 May 2012

Even for a minor change like this?

I thought I could get some sort of an affidavit for name discrepancy stating Rahul Verma K and Rahul K Verma are one and the same person...

One important thing: I have got my birth certificate in the name of "RAHUL K VERMA" but everywhere else it is RAHUL VERMA K.

So I wanted to use RAHUL K VERMA itself my name from here on since I recently got to know that having VERMA as the surname is more appropriate.

advocate ritesh ahuja (advocate)     31 May 2012

rahul

give a information in news paper dt u have changed ur name u may know with ur new name an it should be sent to athourties where u want to change ur name like in driving lice, pan, ur examination bor, etc. apply wth this news paper notification 

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     22 June 2012

I concur with all the experts….

Atul Suryavanshi

IPR-Attorney

JC Law Firm

Email: atul@jclawfirm.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register