Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushanta (student)     23 August 2009

What are ACTs /Laws considered for a given judgment

Hello All,

Could someone please tell me, how to know which are the ACTs/Laws or relevent to a given judgment. I am reading a judgment available at "https://www.commonlii.org/in/cases/INSC/ ".

1:-- I can see that there is subheading "ACT:" in the judgment , so is it sufficient  to  consider  only the data under  this  subheading  or I need to go into the whole judgment ?
2:-- Is there any format by which the ACTs are mentioned , if yes what is that ?

Note :--

I  am asking these questions  so that I can write a small program to extract all the relevant information from the judgment without reading them manually.

Thanks in advance,

Sushanta

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     23 August 2009

Dear Sushanta, In the first paragraph,  the act concerned with the judgement and the section of the act relevant is mentioned.  This paragraph only gives you the reason why this appeal or petition whatever it may be arise and which judgement is under challenge.  However, if you want to know the findings of the court, you have to go through the whole document, particularly the concluding paragraphs.  ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register