Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj Gautam (advisor)     24 April 2010

What Precaution Do I Take, when Registration of Flat is Due?

Dear Friends,Appreciate your openion on the following issue.It will be of great help to me.

I plan to buy a Flat in Andhrapradesh. The owner (my uncle's friend)of the Flat is abroad. Since the owner want the money immediately, my uncle(who is also abroad)  plans to pay him the money on my behalf and collect the original documents and key and send it to me. It will be sometime before the owner comes to India and transfers the same to my name. I am depending on my uncle, as he assures of the complete deal. How do i proceed?What are the documents that I should ask for to protect my interest till the time the flat is transferred in my name. Will a sale agreement  in stamp paper signed by the owner with my uncle as witness(but not registered) be of any help in case something happens to the owner before the transfer. What will be my recourse, if the owner later claims that he has not received the money. Though my uncle has given him the same on my behalf and i have the original proporty papers. Should my uncle also take a receipt on stamp paper?

Learning

1 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     25 April 2010

the vender can complete the sale deed while is is at abraod also. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register