Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok (none)     04 February 2016

Website developer not responding

Hello,

I am based in Gurgaon. I found a Pune IT company (https://www.wavetechline.com/) to develop a website. I paid an initial amount to company account as advance and the work started. As the website was being developed, I paid another milestone payment. About Rs 35000 was paid. After this the company stopped responding on skype, email and telephone. I did not received any work.

Please advise how to get the money back as another company is developing the website now.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Niharika Lohan   24 May 2023

Hi Ashok, I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

This is a case of breach of contract. So, every document that you have with you which indicated your contract with that company, like transaction details and a copy of communication regarding the website development will support the cause of your case. You can seek damag under sec. 73 and 74 of Indian Contract Act, 1872.

You can set the crriminal law in motio by filing a FIR at the local police station under sec. 420 of IPC, 1862 for cheating.

Other remidies are filig a complaint at District Consumer Redressal Forum.

Fourthly, you can also file an application before the Permanent Lok Adaalat in your city/district.

I would like you to know that for filing a complaint before the  District Consumer Redressal Forum and Permanent Lok Adaalat, you don't need to engage a lawyer, you can present your case by appearing yourself and bringing the documents and facts on affidavit.

I hope this resolves your query, for further information you can contact me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register