Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   26 June 2019

Verbal abuse and physical manhandling by a doctor when i demanded for proper medical bills for the amount i suppose to be paid.

As a ill person, I reach out to a hospital for a treatment. I requested the doctor to provide his prescripttion and medicine bills along with his regd number stamped. He denied. Further i demanded him to provide proper medical bill as its my right to ask as a customer failing which mentioned that i will raise complaint to council. the doctor started with rood words and along with his staff started shouting on me that i am questioning for my right. It became argument and started quitting the hospital. the doctor further attacked me by kicking with his leg and taken a bold stick hitted me thrice on my back so badly. I immediately reported in police station and filed FIR on him. I feel that the doctor paid amount to police and diluting the case. Require expertise guidance to make my case stronger to punish that human animal living as a doctor and under which section the police suppose to put a case Any further advice or suggestions are well appreciated please.

Learning

6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 June 2019

You mentioned that FIR is filed. Now you can appoint advocate in addition to goverment advocate. who can protect your interest in court.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 June 2019

You can also file Complaint before consumer forum and seek compensation for deficiency of services.   You need not spend more than Rs.200/- if you appear as a party in person.   As a patient, you have such rights to seek bills for amounts paid as fees.

Though it may not be directly useful to you, you may file a complaint to the Indian  Medical Council.

Ramesh   27 June 2019

Thanks for responding Shirish Pawar ji, Prasad ji and Om Prakash ji.

would like to know if there is any impact for employment or any abroad employment chances? 

I heard that they can even make counter petition with booked up story.

What would be the best way to make the accused to realise his mistake and not to repeate again

Will the law take any serious action for such human animals

What would be the negetives that the complainent to face if the other party managing all the ways with money.

Ramesh   27 June 2019

FIR filed under 324 act. 

Would like to know what is 154 sec or 155 sec. Please help me to understand.

Ramesh   27 June 2019

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
You can also file Complaint before consumer forum and seek compensation for deficiency of services.   You need not spend more than Rs.200/- if you appear as a party in person.   As a patient, you have such rights to seek bills for amounts paid as fees.

Though it may not be directly useful to you, you may file a complaint to the Indian  Medical Council.

Please suggest me how/where to appear as a party in person to lodge complaint in consumer forum.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2019

Search in google with keywords "Filing complaint before consumer forum as a party in person".  You can get several links to study the ways available as a remedy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register