Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

learning_member (abc)     19 March 2014

Vehicle sale -need legal advise

Sir,

please advise on the below.

i recently sold my old car in chennai 2 weeks back to a private party..at the time of sale, i only received the delivery note and copy of ration card from the buyer who is also based in chennai..i was the  only owner of my vehicle with NO hypothecation on the vehicle. .also, i took the full payment as cash from the buyer and i filled all the forms he gave even though they were blank..i agree what i did is not safe...

it is my understanding that the buyer had not changed the ownership yet and i gave up following up with him as there is no proper response to my calls enquiring about transfer of ownership.

now, inorder to safe guard myself from any liabilities that arises until the transfer of ownership happens - i did the following -

1. informed my insurance about the sale with the date..i had also sent them the copy of my delivery note and the buyer's id proof.

2. informed RTO via registered post about this sale..i had included form 29 along with copies of my and buyers' address proof.

is there anything else i need to do....since there was no proper response from the buyer for my calls,I am thinking of safeguarding myself..

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register