LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sasikumar (Managar)     06 November 2010

Validity of Power of Attorney

1) Is GPA (General Power of Attorney) notorised but unregistered is valid or not to buy/sell a property in bangalore?

2) Can a NRI father purchase or sell property in the name of his minor NRI son through GPA (notorised but not registered) through an agent in bangalore.?

3) Whether a GPA executed by NRI to be routed through india  embassy or can he execute the same in bangalore at the time of his visit.?

4) What is the procedure to buy the property from the minor NRI through the power of attorney issued by his NRI father issued to an agent in bangalore ? 

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 November 2010

1.  It is valid, but at the time of registration of the land thru., GPA sub registrar may demand for the registnation of the GPA it is executded in favour of 3rd person.  GPA ewceucted in the name of blood relative then regn., is not necessary.

2. Yes

3. Yes

Sasikumar (Managar)     06 November 2010

Thank you Mr. Rajeev.

Actually few of them are advising me that if i buy the minor's property with GPA, .then it is possible that minor can claim the property legally back after they become major.  Is this true?  

Being this is the case, how can i consider buying a property from a GPA holder of the minor?  please let me know the right procedure to buy the property and keep them in a secure way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register