LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sidharth (na)     05 March 2015

Vacating tenants

My house in my village has been rented to govt office for a long time, almost 36 years. Rental agreement is renewed every 3 years. The house is old, no major maintenance has been performed till now. There are many issues that need to be addressed. When asked if they would vacate, they keep replying they will move once they get another suitable place. When I point out the maintenance issue, they say to do patch works while they are in the property. Patch work is not a solution, the building can be a danger to the tenants. I want to tear down most of the walls and rebuild. How can I get then to vacate?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

just give them in writing that you need it for -

1. getting the maintenance done.(.but again, per the rental laws, the tenant has the first right to move back in once the maintenance is done..so better say you need it for bonafide personal use..)
2. not responsible for any unforeseen damages to personal injuries due to the old status of the building...you will atleast be saved from any legal issues if anything happens with building.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     05 March 2015

send them lawyer legal notice to vacate tenented premises so that u can do repair work properly.

Thanks,

You can also opt for CLICK TO TALK option for more legal advice on mobile.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 March 2015

You may refer to the agreement clause and issue suitable notice asking them to vacate the building in view of the dilapidated and unfit living conditions and to avoid risk to the lives of inmates. You may also state that the you intend to demolish and re-construct the same or you require the premises for your own purpose.  Consult a lawyer in the local and proceed as per his further advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register