LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rounak (Businessman)     12 August 2010

Vacating of Rented Property.

My Father has a property rented by his father years ago to the Hardware shop tenant in West Bengal. My Father has the ownership of the property now. The person to whom it was rented to is now deceased and his Family members no longer run the business in the rented area since really long time like 15yrs. The premises is abandoned for several years by them but not continuing to pay rent. They have approached us asking permission of opening a new Garment shop with a new name changing the old shop name and work. In-spite of several request to vacate the property they are holding it up.We have even asked them to make new agreement for the shop and the answer is no and have been asking hell lot of money to vacant it.

Previously no agreement was made my my grandfather and the tenant. We Used to provide them with the RENT RECEIPT and its like more then ten yrs they have not been paying the rent. The shop is under lock and key by them. 
what should we do to get them to vacant the area?  

Note :- No Agreement was done but the grandfather and the tenant at the time. This place needs to be evicted as soon as possible. Any suggestion to evict them with reference to the current statues and legislation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation of helpful comments.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 August 2010

Every state has its own rent laws that provide grounds for eviction. Generally, non payment of rent and non user of the premises for the purpose for which it was let are also the grounds for eviction of a tenant . So check out for the rent laws in your state. Consult a good local lawyer and file a suit for eviction.

Rounak (Businessman)     13 August 2010

Thanks Adv. Archana.

sushil Mittal (service)     13 August 2010

Mr. Rounak

i agree with Adv Archana, you do please consult a good .local lawyer who is having good knowledge of eviction suit 

Rounak (Businessman)     14 August 2010

Thanks Mr. Mittal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register