usa visa for arrested person

Recently I have gone to purchase grocery item in the shop in the lockdown period. Police catch me when returning from the shop. Police arrested me and lodge FIR against me under section IPC 188. In the police station, a lawyer gives me bail on that lawyer's responsibility after 30 minutes. Police have asked me to sign many documents but they did not give me any documents or FIR copy. Lawyer asked me to come to court after lockdown and take the confirmation of bail. I have all the bills and payment details for the grocery.

Within one year I am planning to go to the USA by tourist visa or by E5 visa or by business visa to establish my business in the USA

So, my question is -

1. As I am arrested, will I not get USA visa?
  2. Do I have to declare in the form that I am arrested?

Deputy Manager

For any type of US Visa, Indian police clearance certificate is must.

Total likes : 1 times

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH

So, what does this means, will I not get Indian Police clearance certificate and not get USA visa?

Is it ok if I do not mention in the form that I was arrested?

u have to just appear on the court hearing on the date..no need to mention for ure favour...

Originally posted by : advharminderdhankhar
u have to just appear on the court hearing on the date..no need to mention for ure favour...

My question is, for this arrest will the USA visa will be denied to give me?

Deputy Manager

Since you aren't aware of the process of the police clearance certificate, so you will not be able to understand it. However, the simple answer is that if you do not receive the clearance certificate from the Indian police, the US Visa will not be accorded to you. On the other hand, if you play some tricks in achieving the US Visa, and get caught afterwards, then would not only be behind bar, deported from US, but banned entry for ever. BTW, US of A is not India, where someone can escape like the Tabligees and the entire India is paying the price for the crime committed by the responsible agents of the Indian Government.

Since you aren't aware of the process of the police clearance certificate, so you will not be able to understand it. However, the simple answer is that if you do not receive the clearance certificate from the Indian police, the US Visa will not be accorded to you. On the other hand, if you play some tricks in achieving the US Visa, and get caught afterwards, then would not only be behind bar, deported from US, but banned entry for ever. BTW, US of A is not India, where someone can escape like the Tabligees and the entire India is paying the price for the crime committed by the responsible agents of the Indian Government.

Police Clearance Certificate is here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZFUANNBF7UFxCrfHNfMeJwV5ianB7hU_

Police Clearance Certificate ask that about Yes or No "Any criminal proceedings pending against you before any court in India?"

Suppose I have got clearance certificate from Police. Now in the DS-160 Visa form, it is written that -

"Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offence or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?"

Now, what should I answer - Yes or No.

Here is the sample DS-160 Form - https://www.path2usa.com/sample-us-visa-application-form-ds-160

Deputy Manager

So, if the police answer is YES, then it is neither called 'Clearance Certificate' nor the favourable report for the US Visa.

So, if the police answer is YES, then it is neither called 'Clearance Certificate' nor the favourable report for the US Visa.

YES means what?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS     |    x